1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How to get contact's birthdays to appear on calandar...

Just as the title says. How do I go about getting my contacts birthdays to appear on my calandar as events?
    Storm 1 ----> Droid X

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

Go to the Settings page, select the Calendars tab and click on "Browse Interesting calendars", then go to the More tab and subscribe to the calendar "Contacts' birthdays and events".
    Thanked by:
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,164 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodeName Android 1.5.5

Quote Originally Posted by mndude View Post
    Go to the Settings page, select the Calendars tab and click on "Browse Interesting calendars", then go to the More tab and subscribe to the calendar "Contacts' birthdays and events".
    to clarify, this needs to be done on your google calendar online, which will then sync with your phones calendar, though you might have to make sure on your phone that the calendar is set to display as well
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

There's no way to do this on just the phone. I don't have all my contacts on google. Basically most of my birthday dates come from facebook. Blackberry did this better.
    Storm 1 ----> Droid X

i am also trying to sync my facebook calender and i can't figure it out. as a former blackberry user, switching to my first droid its all new to me. baby steps.... baby steps.
    my blackberry did this automatically for me.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Bump
    Storm 1 ----> Droid X

It mostly worked for me, though a few birthdays a not showing up.
    Moto X (Olive Green, Black front, Orange accents (Dec. 2013)
    Previously: Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Dec. 2011) - Droid X (July 2010) - Blackberry Tour 9630 (July 2009) - Dumbphones (pre-July 2009)

Global Posts
    157 Global Posts

Default hope this helps

this worked for me check it out.
    Thanked by 3:

Quote Originally Posted by Yatogo View Post

this worked for me check it out.
    Does this only work for events or for birthdays also? I did exactly as it said but no birthdays are showing up.
    Last edited by CarbonOak; 07-25-2010 at 10:40 AM.
    Moto X (Olive Green, Black front, Orange accents (Dec. 2013)
    Previously: Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Dec. 2011) - Droid X (July 2010) - Blackberry Tour 9630 (July 2009) - Dumbphones (pre-July 2009)
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Will that sync birthdays as well or just events?
    Storm 1 ----> Droid X

I tried it as well and only have other events showing up on my google calendar, not birthdays. I tried to see if I clicked on birthdays then export if it would work, but the link was identical.

if you want to sync the facebook birthdays i just found this facebook application through a easy google search not 100% sure its going to work but i tried it out and slowly birthdays are being added to my calendar...
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

That fbcal thing didn't work for me
    Storm 1 ----> Droid X

yea doesnt seem to be working for me either only like 3 peoples birthdays have been added for some reason

Default not for me either

it set up fine but cant get phone to recognize, how do i choose calenders on the phone anyways? i dont see it in settings???

If anyone has a solution for this, I think this is a must!!!

Yea any solutions to this? Haha I now have a "contacts birthdays" calendar which is blank and a ... Calendar which has 2 events and no birthdays...
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,164 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodeName Android 1.5.5

Quote Originally Posted by ELYKOJ View Post
    it set up fine but cant get phone to recognize, how do i choose calenders on the phone anyways? i dont see it in settings???
    in the calendar app menu>more>my calendars and boom, though i think in the calendar app, you are only able to select calendars that are synced to your google calendar