How Usable is a droid x today?

revtech

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Howdy seasoned Droid X veterans! There are a ton of devices on ebay it seems for very little $; I understand the limitations of an older device, but for those of you who still have/use the Droid X are they still "decent" to get started with? If all I want to do is text, call, email, maps, etc would a good used one be sufficient? I know this is a wide open question but I am thankful to any who would want to contribute; Thanks!

Raymond Tan

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm still on a Droid X on Verizon. I was going to switch it out for an S3 but I'm still fine with the functionality of my Droid X, so I decided to wait until the S4 later this year. Overall it works fine and I can still run most apps without issues. It does lag once and awhile and it does restart on it's own occasionally(about 1 a month), but that might be caused by an app that I'm running. I would suggest running an alternate launcher other than stock(Motorola Blur). I had it on Launcher Pro in the beginning but it was constantly causing force closes. I'm now running Holo launcher, for about a year now, and have not had any force closes caused by the launcher.

To answer your question it works fine but I wouldn't pay to much for it. You may get a couple of years out of it before it can't run current apps. I think you may be able to find better phones for not much more.

Also if you've never had an android device before, they are all a bit laggy, up until the latest phones so keep that it mind. Qverall I'm still happy with my Droid, but I am planning to upgrade, but I'm in no rush.
Just to let you know I use my phone mainly for calls,texts, navigation, email, camera, internet browsing and tethering, and streaming music when driving. I have a bunch of games but I now use my tablet to play them. I did encounter some games which had an issue running on my phone(to the point that they are unplayable) but run fine on my tablet.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01