GMail push not working, any ideas?

john_5_24

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
My GMail push isn't working. When I refresh manually, emails are being downloaded into my X. I've checked my settings and push is enabled, and IMAP is enabled on my GMail account.

Any ideas here??

Thanks

rhcmhc#AC

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm glad you posted this? I'm a BB transplant and love my Droid thus far . . . .only thing I miss is how quick and reliable my email push was . . . . The problem I have is that we also have outlook open at home, so if the email gets opened there first by my wife, it never shows up on my phone. . . . .

Androidoholic
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Make sure your auto sync is on. Best way to check is to put up the power widget and make sure that the sync button is on. Hope this helps

Reactions: RoYaLe42

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
This may be unrelated, and I'm not sure how it works on a BB vs. an Android, but my gmails on my BB have been lagging in the past few days by up to fifteen minutes.

I used to send myself emails from my work's lotus notes program and then my BB would vibrate immediately, but in the past few days, that is not happening. Yesterday, I timed a test email and it took fifteen minutes to arrive.

At first I thought it might be the government server handling the lotus notes was slow, but now, I'm beginning to wonder if gmail or Verizon themselves might not be having a problem; maybe in just certain areas. Again, I have no idea how this actually works.

Androidoholic
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
This may be unrelated, and I'm not sure how it works on a BB vs. an Android, but my gmails on my BB have been lagging in the past few days by up to fifteen minutes.

I used to send myself emails from my work's lotus notes program and then my BB would vibrate immediately, but in the past few days, that is not happening. Yesterday, I timed a test email and it took fifteen minutes to arrive.

At first I thought it might be the government server handling the lotus notes was slow, but now, I'm beginning to wonder if gmail or Verizon themselves might not be having a problem; maybe in just certain areas. Again, I have no idea how this actually works.

If its an email client that isn't google, it isn't pushed right away to your phone. most settings are set for a 15 minute refresh which is why its taking so long. Gmail is the client that is pushed directly to your phone so it doesn't take hardly any time to get the email. Unless you don't have the sync right

john_5_24

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the comments here. Apparently had GMail set to autosync, but autosync wasn't actually powered on. I LOVE the X, but not nearly as simple as my bb for basic functions. At least not yet...

Androidoholic
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the comments here. Apparently had GMail set to autosync, but autosync wasn't actually powered on. I LOVE the X, but not nearly as simple as my bb for basic functions. At least not yet...

You'll get to know and love it :)
Sent from DROIDX using Tapatalk

TechWhore

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Make sure your auto sync is on. Best way to check is to put up the power widget and make sure that the sync button is on. Hope this helps

Thank you so much! I accidentally added that yesterday and didn't know what it was. I must have turned off auto-sync. I wasn't really sure what all the icons were. E-mail is back!:cool:

booberthecat

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm glad you posted this? I'm a BB transplant and love my Droid thus far . . . .only thing I miss is how quick and reliable my email push was . . . . The problem I have is that we also have outlook open at home, so if the email gets opened there first by my wife, it never shows up on my phone. . . . .

If your email provider allows you to access your email using IMAP instead of POP3 you can eliminate this problem. Outlook (not sure about Outlook Express) supports connecting to your email account in IMAP as does Gmail. IMAP uses folders that keep the emails on the server so that if you access your email from multiple locations (Outlook, DROID X, webmail, etc.) you will always see all of your messages. POP3 downloads the messages to Outlook instead of leaving them on the server so if Outlook gets to it first, you never see it on your phone. Check with your email provider for instructions for setting up Outlook to use IMAP and this should put you on the path to a more harmonious email experience. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac