1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Unhappy Bluetooth controls (AVRCP) with DroidX?

Anyone have Bluethooth controls (AVRCP) working, specifically Play/Stop, Next and Previous?

This is a key feature for me, and I'd love to know if it's something I'm missing or something with just my specific unit, and I can be hopeful about a exchanging it.

I've tried 2 headsets, an S9-HD and a JayBird. Both fail the same way. Nothing for Next/Previous. While Play/Stop is very strange: nothing initially, then 10+ seconds later it Plays (often along with doing bundled Next). So Play/Stop registers at least somewhat, but clearly not usably.

I've tried with the default player, with AstroPlayer, and with TunWiki. Pretty much the same with all.

I know at least the S9-HD is fine with my old WinMo phone, so it's definitely something with the DroidX.

Thanks.

The droid x doesn't play nice with my bluetooth audio in my car. It often fast forwards the songs after I receive an incoming call.
    Bluetooth needs an update.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

The story has a happy ending. AVRCP Bluetooth controls controls work just fine. Just needed a hard reset (and painful re-install of all the apps). Still no clue what the issue was, as I've re-installed all I had before, and configured it as much the same as I remembered.

Mine has been fine with the Sony head unit in my car. Play pause forward back and phone calls work just fine.