Dust under the screen
07-25-2010 09:45 AM
- Looks like I have a spec of dust under the screen under my Droid X's screen
I visited my local verizon store hoping they'd swap it out, but alas none in stock. They were nice enough to get one on order and have it shipped to my house.
My question, is, am I being too picky? The particle of dust wasn't there before, as its in a section of the screen that's quite noticable, when reading web pages. Any idea how it got there? My concern is if one piece ended up there, then in time others could.
Oh, I'll be adding a screen protector on the new one, my other concern is that this one is virtually perfect, so I'm a little nervous that I'll not be so lucky this time around.07-24-2010 07:14 PM
To the other posters - It is bugging, my biggest worry about keeping the phone vs. exchanging it is this. If one piece got in there, how many more would migrate in some how and how would this affect the resale value.
Since the phone is just a little over a week old, I'll not put up with it.07-24-2010 08:27 PM
- I don't think it's picky at all. The 30 days exchange policy is already budgeted by Verizon; why not take advantage of it to get exactly what you paid for?
With regards to being concerned with not getting another perfect one, I would have to take that chance if it was me. Just knowing that spec of dust is there would have me thinking about it every time I picked up the phone.
...btw, you've got me looking at my screen now from all angles!07-24-2010 08:42 PM
- mooscGrand Master Moosc07-24-2010 08:53 PM
- The digitizer is not laminated to the LCD, so most, if not all, Xs will eventually end up with some dust under the screen. Just a fact of life.
Learned this the hard way from playing the Homerun Battle 3D game, where you have to press down on one spot of the screen over and over. I think the screen presses sort of suction in some dust, so that the corner has more dust than the rest of the screen.
On my fourth X so far.07-24-2010 09:00 PM
- so i see u had a storm1 and that is where i started hearing from. ive owned the s1 moto droid dinc each phone some brings up dust. in all my smart phones ive never seen one piece. as with folks coming from bb storms all you folks do is bring up memory issues dust issues build quality etc.07-24-2010 09:19 PM
- so i see u had a storm1 and that is where i started hearing from. ive owned the s1 moto droid dinc each phone some brings up dust. in all my smart phones ive never seen one piece. as with folks coming from bb storms all you folks do is bring up memory issues dust issues build quality etc.07-24-2010 09:26 PM
- 07-24-2010 11:12 PM
- my hp laptop thats under 5 months old just got sent back and the lcd replaced due to what i thought was just dust but they said was a pixel lol. i didnt argue.
btw im keith and im a newb here i recently made the switch from bb to android. liking it so far so good.07-25-2010 12:13 AM
- 07-25-2010 05:46 AM
- I hope I don't get dust under my screen when I get my DX. I agree if it has it in already get it replaced. I had a Storm 1 and OMG the dust was horrible. It didn't help that all my favorite backgrounds were white. I got it replaced twice because of the dust but never after my 1 year warranty expired because I knew it would just do it again and I wasn't gonna pay asurion for a phone that was going to have the same problem.07-25-2010 09:45 AM
- Motorola Android Phones
- More Motorola Phones
- Verizon Droid X Forums
- Motorola Droid X
Dust under the screen
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD