has anyone figured out how to get a mac to show up as a DLNA media server?

Matt Kline

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I just can't figure out how to use DLNA. There is not much info out there on Google either.

I'm thinking the premise of it is that I should be able to play video or look at photos that are on my computer with the X. Am I right?

I can't even get my Mac to be seen by the phone. They are both sharing the same wifi connection, I thought that's all I needed.

tech42er#AC

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Cory, can't you download a DLNA server (like MediaTomb or Nullriver's MediaLink) for the Mac to make it DLNA-compatible? It's a software issue, right?

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Cory, can't you download a DLNA server (like MediaTomb or Nullriver's MediaLink) for the Mac to make it DLNA-compatible? It's a software issue, right?

It would appear so. Thanks for pointing that out! From my limited research on DLNA, I was under the assumption that you had to acquire a device that supported DLNA out of the box. I didn't realize there was software available that could make a PC/Mac capable of supporting DLNA.

gogo13

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
You right. DLNA helps for sharing multimedia. For example if you have an Android smartphone you can watch your videos and images or listen to the music from your phone directly on your TV. All you need is one of the new internet-enabled TVs or PS3, or XBox 360. There's an app called iMediaShare. Better try the free version first.

Last edited: