1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Audio jack issues

First I would like to say I am a new Droid convert after being a loyal Blackberry user over the past five years. I have to say that I am really enjoying my new X, but I am having an issue with my audio jack when I place my X into its car dock. I can plug the audio jack into my X and then into the aux port on my car and everything works fine until I place it on the car dock. Once I do that, the car no longer recognizes the phone and I can't play any audio through it, but if I unplug it from the dock it begins to work again. Im curious if there is a setting I am missing on the phone or do I have a defective phone or car dock? Has anyone experienced this or know of a fix?

My guess would be something with the auto car dock app. I put my phone in the dock, then connect the audio cable and have never had a problem. Try putting the phone in the dock first.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I have tried that. Tried every combination I can think of.

Try putting it in the dock, leaving car dock mode by hitting Exit, and then try turning on some music. Maybe that'll work?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I have tried that also and got the same result. It works fine until I plug it into the dock. Thanks for trying to help though.

could it be a defective car dock?