freezing screen and reboots should i return

Matrix_Prime

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
My phone was fine before the update, after the update, I've been experiencing freezing issues and reboots, the latter of which just started in the past couple of days.

Yesterday, my phone rebooted on its own, and since then, my battery life has been phenomenal again (like it was prior to the OS update). I don't know what's going on with it, but I definitely believe its a software issue rather than a hardware one.

milominderbinde

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I wonder what the deal is?????
If the Droid X is the next best thing after Blackberry, it really has to have a BBBP (Blackberry Battery Pull) at least once in a while. :)

Seriously, what apps are you running? What is your usage?

If you turn it all the way off (press and hold the power button) when you charge, it will charge faster because there is nothing to drain it as it charges. When you turn it back on it will reboot. A lot of long-time Android users reboot their phones daily to keep them "snappy" and to avoid a forced reset. Use Silent Boot to keep it quiet during reboots.

Is there an app that can force a reboot every night? That would help with memory leaks and a host of other possible problems.

Last edited:

tbdbuckeyeitl

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I have got google earth goggle and maps. Also bible USA today fox news and ESPN scorecenter. However. I froze once after update and three random phone turn on off. I am worried this will get worse. Other than that my phone is great. I just don't want a bad phone after my thirty days.

JamieWho

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I had freezing/reboot problems ever since I picked up the X ... after reading the forums I did a factory reset AND reformatted the SD card. Phone is behaving fine so far .. only 1 lockup in 3 days (soon after I reformatted the card) .. and the phone seems faster!

I suspect wonky software adding junk to the SD card. No more task killers for me, and I'm avoiding any music sync software - just doing drag & drop.

dmcman73

May 20, 2010
Visit site
It could also be an app casuing the lockups. Don't forget that we had a recent update and that update, although may improve the phone, may not play well with some of the apps you guys are using causing the instability.

I would try what was recomended, do a wipe and use the phone as stock for a bit, don't load any apps just yet. If the lockups do not occur then start adding apps one day at a time and use the phone.

ryanag

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
I've had many of the same problems as you guys. Had the phone for 5 days total. So far have had 2 random reboots, Wifi problems, password memory problems and finally when I woke up this morning my X had a mind of its own. When I woke up the X had opened a conact's info. I thought "that's weird" and hit the Home button. Then the X started flipping between all 7 homescreens VERY fast and then after doing that for about 15-30 seconds it would open the app drawer and open a random app. It wouldn't stop until it got to a certain part of the random app it opened and it couldn't go any further. Hitting the Home button again would start the whole process again. This happened 5 different times when I hot the Home button. No other buttons did anything and I couldn't stop it so I had to pull the battery. VERY FRUSTRATED. Want to return it but there aren't any Xs or Incredibles in stock to switch it out with.

katrina2475

Apr 12, 2010
ksanchez.scentsy.us
Well, mine is running as close to stock as I can even stand and still locking up on me. I called my local store and they said to bring it in and if I need a new phone, they will order me one. Now to find the time to run up there with 2 kids. Ugh!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams