Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 31
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Launcher pro or stock?

    I ran launcher pro on my droid and now I just got my droid x should I use launcher pro or stock with the home os?? Any thoughts what are you guys using???

    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  2. #2  

    Default

    Use both and see which one you like best. For an easy way to switch between launchers, install an app called Home Switcher. It will allow you which to set as the default launcher and also allow you to switch between the two easily.
  3. #3  
    caliskimmer's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    1,891 Posts
    ROM
    N/A

    Default

    I agree with dmcman73, it usually comes down to personal preference.
  4. #4  

    Default

    I wish LauncherPro did not require giving it permission to read gmail messages before installing it. That's the main reason I've been using ADW.Launcher instead.
  5. #5  

    Default

    Make up your own mind...
  6. #6  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by exempli_gratia View Post
    I wish LauncherPro did not require giving it permission to read gmail messages before installing it. That's the main reason I've been using ADW.Launcher instead.
    It only does that to display your unread message count, your default launcher on the phone does the same thing.
  7. #7  

    Default

    I'm using LP+ as I prefer the features it offers over the stock launcher.
  8. #8  
    brandonx1000's Avatar
    rule the air.

    Posts
    760 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,118 Global Posts

    Default

    i'm absolutely loving launcher pro plus...i probably wont be going back to stock anytime soon
  9. #9  

    Default

    I tried the stock, but just didnt like it. I use LauncherPro Plus, and am really enjoying it. I do miss the moto calander and contact widgets, but there are ways around those, and its not enough to make me suffer through the stock. Its personal preference, but I really like LP.
  10. #10  

    Default

    I've been using LauncherPro and I love it. I never used any of the stock widgets and got a few of my own.

    My friend tried using LauncherPro but it was killing his battery life and performance, so he took it out and it's running much smoother. I don't know what other programs or widgets he uses, but he's happier now.
    Moto X (Olive Green, Black front, Orange accents (Dec. 2013)
    Previously: Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Dec. 2011) - Droid X (July 2010) - Blackberry Tour 9630 (July 2009) - Dumbphones (pre-July 2009)
  11. #11  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CarbonOak View Post

    My friend tried using LauncherPro but it was killing his battery life and performance
    I thought the same thing. The last 2 days I've used ADW and it seems to drain battery faster as well.

    I'll try stock for a while and see what happens. It could be all in my head.
  12. #12  

    Default

    Well, the reason for that could be that you have two sets of widgets running and refreshing. One in Launcher Pro and the other in the stock launcher. Get rid of the ones in the stock launcher...maybe thats the problem.
  13. #13  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by exempli_gratia View Post
    I wish LauncherPro did not require giving it permission to read gmail messages before installing it. That's the main reason I've been using ADW.Launcher instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmcman73 View Post
    It only does that to display your unread message count, your default launcher on the phone does the same thing.
    The default launcher does not show the gmail msg count. I think only the official gmail app has access to your gmail (sets notification, widget, etc). And that's good, secure.

    Your mail has your password resets and all kinds of other confidential info. Would you give a 3rd party launcher app access to your bank site, just so it can show you a counter? May be some would, but it shouldn't be required to use the launcher.
  14. #14  

    Default

    Woah woah woah wait a sec. So if I install LauncherPro and still have widgets on any of my 5 stock homescreens, it will be effectively updating junk on both screens? Cuz if so then wow thats bad.

    Also I don't think LauncherPro really does anything for battery life. If anything I'd say it could help your battery life by turning down the # of homescreens and making it run smoother, less load overall. I've been getting 40+ hours off the charger, hitting 15%/20% battery life using LauncherPro.

    By the way, LauncherPro rips stock a new one. The only thing you'd be missing out on are the Motoblur widgets, if that matters to you.
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on Verizon
    Cyanogen Mod 10.1 Nightlies
  15. #15  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stang68 View Post
    Well, the reason for that could be that you have two sets of widgets running and refreshing. One in Launcher Pro and the other in the stock launcher. Get rid of the ones in the stock launcher...maybe thats the problem.
    If that's what's been happening, I wonder if it also made it laggy. Both launcher pro and ADW were laggy for me. The stock one works great.

    As far as the battery goes I guess that would make sense. Wouldn't it work to wipe all the stock homescreens off before using LP or ADW?
  16. #16  
    moosc's Avatar
    Grand Master Moosc

    Posts
    3,439 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,512 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

    Default

    yes if u plan on using any launcher clear all screens from stock launcher. Drag them to trash.
  17. #17  
    doctorlove316's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    1,214 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,258 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by moosc View Post
    yes if u plan on using any launcher clear all screens from stock launcher. Drag them to trash.
    Thanks. I just went in and did this. I didn't even realize that I was basically running two launchers with two sets of the same widgets running at the same time. This should help barry life even more (even though mine has already been exceptional).
    BlackBerry 8330 --> BlackBerry Storm1 --> Motorola Droid --> HTC Droid Incredible & Motorola Droid X & Motorola Xoom
  18. #18  

    Default

    Hmm...I've been using home switcher so I could show people the stock launcher (I'm showing a lot of non-Android people the phone)...I don't think I have any widgets, but I do have 7 pages full of apps and other stuff (and of course beautiful widgets on the other home page)...is all of that stuff either in memory or otherwise draining the system even when they aren't launched???
  19. #19  

    Default

    Hmm. I guess I will have to try and clear the stuff from the stock home. I love the scrollable calendar widget (pure) and the scrollable icon dock In LP. But it seems to be slow when coming from lock. Hopefully this picks up the speed a bit
  20. #20  
    moosc's Avatar
    Grand Master Moosc

    Posts
    3,439 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,512 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

    Default

    It is eating system resources. Bw is pinging the towers
    Quote Originally Posted by ottscay View Post
    Hmm...I've been using home switcher so I could show people the stock launcher (I'm showing a lot of non-Android people the phone)...I don't think I have any widgets, but I do have 7 pages full of apps and other stuff (and of course beautiful widgets on the other home page)...is all of that stuff either in memory or otherwise draining the system even when they aren't launched???
  21. #21  
    moosc's Avatar
    Grand Master Moosc

    Posts
    3,439 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,512 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

    Default

    I have no speed issues with the Widgets every thing is fast and smooth.
  22. #22  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by moosc View Post
    It is eating system resources. Bw is pinging the towers
    Well, I had BW on my LP home page as well, so I assumed it wouldn't require an extra tower ping.

    That said, I now only have LP, nothing on my stock pages, and have uninstalled homeswitcher. I guess I'll see what this does for my batter life over the next couple days.
  23. #23  

    Default

    You have to remove all the icons on the stock pages?
    Follow Ya Boy @BiGTo0T
  24. #24  

    Default

    I prefer the stock over launcher pro, tried it and uninstalled it a short time after.
  25. #25  
    moosc's Avatar
    Grand Master Moosc

    Posts
    3,439 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,512 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

    Default

    Yes or they will keep running.
    Quote Originally Posted by BiGTooT View Post
    You have to remove all the icons on the stock pages?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

B