X Frozen on Moto logo - how do I reboot...

Oj467

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
So my wife's X has froze up a couple of times when she first turns it on in the morning.

It freezes while the Motorola logo is on the screen (before the Droid logo). At that point - I've just simply pulled her battery and started over and it was fine - but I gotta think there's a more elegant way of doing a reset than doing a battery pull - without wiping the phone completely. I'm having Blackberry flashbacks when I pull that battery and I'm not liking it. :p

Any suggestions? I've found directions for factory reset but I'm just wanting to do a hard reset here.

maverick96

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Possibly a rogue app? Although I myself have started to get freezing problems and I have had to do a couple battery pulls already, seems like there are more people also having freezing issues. I hope this isn't going to become common...

Oj467

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Possibly a rogue app? Although I myself have started to get freezing problems and I have had to do a couple battery pulls already, seems like there are more people also having freezing issues. I hope this isn't going to become common...
Nah - my wife has like 3 things other than stock on her phone - she's running the stock UI. It's been happening (though thankfully not recently) since we got our X's on launch day. No issue with my X and I have like 50x as much "stuff" on mine as she does.

It's weird - and kind of embarrassing - that I don't know how to do a reset w/o having to yank the battery. Being that I'm the one that convinced her that we should ditch our iPhones for X's. :eek:

maverick96

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Nah - my wife has like 3 things other than stock on her phone - she's running the stock UI. It's been happening (though thankfully not recently) since we got our X's on launch day. No issue with my X and I have like 50x as much "stuff" on mine as she does.

It's weird - and kind of embarrassing - that I don't know how to do a reset w/o having to yank the battery. Being that I'm the one that convinced her that we should ditch our iPhones for X's. :eek:

I believe I read on here somewhere that holding the home button down and the power button at same time while phone is off is a way to reboot things, I will try to find more info for you...

alpha752

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I have never had mine freeze on boot. Perhaps you should thing about exchanging them if its a reoccuring problem.

Being an old BB user... pulling the battery is second nature to me, its probably the easiest way to reboot a frozen phone, I dont know of another way.

Oj467

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Well my wife's X froze up again this morning on boot up - on the Moto Logo. The only thing that worked was pulling the battery - holding home/power did nothing.

We're at 3-4x since the 15th that this has happened. Should I just see about getting a replacement now - or hold out that the next OTA fixes this issue?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000