1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Anyone had any luck with Google Places

I downloaded the Google Maps update and thought that it was going to load Google Places. I rebooted the phone and did not find any indication that Google Places had been added. Any one have any luck?

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts

It's a separate install from the Market.
    Motorola Razr -> Blackberry 7250 -> Blackberry 8830 -> Blackberry Storm 9530 -> Motorola Droid X

http://twitter.com/andrewpoirier

no its not. Google places comes packaged with maps 4.4.

You should be able to find it in your app drawer.

It might of been better had they made it a tab inside of maps. Right now as it is the Places app will not replace Where anytime soon.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I cannot find it in my app drawer nor do I see a icon in Google Maps that refers to Google Places, I must be missing something.

its called just places in the app drawer. Not sure if that helps remedy the issue as I've heard from others claiming they did not see it in their appp drawer as well.

I think some users did a reboot to see it.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

OK I found a Places Directory in the App Store. I downloaded that and it works with Google Maps but they are separate.

try the thread over at droid life

the comments section should provide some kind of solution.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Thanks, "Places" was in my app drawer.

np.. chuckle chucle...

Glad you found a solution.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Yea, Yea, Yea us old timers need a little help sometimes. Thanks.

not a problem at all. I hope you are enjoying your device!!

Places and Latitude was both added with the Maps update. Strange though, they both was located at the BOTTOM of my apps out of alphabetical order at the bottom. I thought that was fixed with the update.

My Places app is located in sorting order inside my Apps Drawer.

Also, you don't need to reboot the phone for it to show up.

As I stated above my Places was added to my adds drawer at the bottom, I have not rebooted to see if that would fix it, just wanted to prove what I said. It also added Latitude at the end too.

As I had mentioned I thought this was fixed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anyone had any luck with Google Places-deviceplaces.jpg  

Default Re: Anyone had any luck with Google Places

All I know is the Measure feature in the Labs options is awesome!

~ Transmitted via Motorola Droid ~

Quote Originally Posted by rog152 View Post
    As I stated above my Places was added to my adds drawer at the bottom, I have not rebooted to see if that would fix it, just wanted to prove what I said. It also added Latitude at the end too.

As I had mentioned I thought this was fixed.
    Mine was sorted in alphabetical order... until I used Places. Then it was sorted at the bottom, along with Lattitude. AFter using it again, both Lat and Places are now sorted in alphabetical order again. Strange...

the places app showed up on a my phone a few days ago... when i click on a place, the telephone button is not highlighted to call directly from the app. my friend has the motorola droid and it works fine. i have the droid incredible. is there something i have to do in order to make it call directly from there?