If I use standalone Face Book or Twitter will it mess up the social networking

CSI Guy

Feb 25, 2009
Visit site
If I load a standalone version of Facebook and/or Twitter will it screw up the Social Networking. I would like to see the full screen of each program separately.

gspeed

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
what do you mean screw up exactly?

If you were to partake on your standalone apps, I would just remove any association from the stock Moto X clients. ie, disable your twitter and fb accounts prior to going standalone.

The stand alone fb will allow you to manage contacts, calendars, etc from there. No worries..

Any standalone twitter app will function properly.

Again, what do you mean by 'screw up"?

gspeed

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I'd also suggest just sticking to one fb and one twitter app per device. You don't want multiple apps sharing similar functionality.

You want to minimize apps that are data intensive and require frequent updates and polling. Thus only one fb and twitter app is recommended. You don't want to tax your systme by having multiple apps pull in duplicate data. This will slow down your device and increase data throughput.

CSI Guy

Feb 25, 2009
Visit site
Get the two programs out of sync of something. I really would like them as separate and not use the News and Feeds but wanted to ask before "I" screw something up. Also how do I disable the Twitter and FB accounts before I get started?
You seem to be a wealth of information, thanks for helping.

gspeed

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Full disclosure.. I actually don't have a moto x, I'm planning on getting the GalaxyS for Verizon once released.

I'm making the assumption this news and feeds is an app that is shipped by default with every Moto X. It has a widget and allows you to sync your fb and twitter accounts so it is all aggregated with this one app.

If that is the case then you just have to trace you way back to get into the news and feeds app to set the settings. There should be an option to remove or unlink the accounts.

Not positive if thats how it works on the X but that would be my best guess.

Once you unlink the account it should dectivate itself and will not get screwy. You should then explore the fb and twitter apps from the market.

They will provide similar functionality. The Fb app for Android sucks though, be warned..

The twitter apps are pretty good and give good functionality. There is the default Twitter appp and there are other noteworthy 3rd party Twitter apps. I'd suggest trying a few of the popluar twitter apps to find out which is the best fit for you.