Anyone else upgrade to a DX from the dINC?

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
And not sure you like it?

I got a DroidX as an upgrade to my Droid Incredible and I'm not entirely sure I am digging on the UI.

I have my Droid Inc dialed in and it's setup the way I want it and absolutely love it.. I'm finding it difficult to get that feeling from the DX.

Can anyone throw some good things out about the DX?

Androidoholic
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
The screen for one

If you hold the DX your arm will turn robotic, so will your eyes

Getting away from HTC Sense

I actually like everything about my X :) its very nice

Androidoholic
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
And not sure you like it?

I got a DroidX as an upgrade to my Droid Incredible and I'm not entirely sure I am digging on the UI.

I have my Droid Inc dialed in and it's setup the way I want it and absolutely love it.. I'm finding it difficult to get that feeling from the DX.

Can anyone throw some good things out about the DX?

It also feels to me that PhilBlur is a lot easier to ignore than Sense is, but idk. what are your dislikes about the phone?

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
The email app is pretty bad compared to HTC's email app..so is the text messaging app.

I love the HTC Sense UI and the apps that it brings.. i really wish this device ran SenseUI :)

Androidoholic
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
The email app is pretty bad compared to HTC's email app..so is the text messaging app.

I love the HTC Sense UI and the apps that it brings.. i really wish this device ran SenseUI :)

The email or Gmail? I do agree that if you aren't a Gmail user it can be a bit of a pain to sync up your email account, I've had Gmail for years but I have yahoo work accounts as well and its a pain.

Have you tried Handcent? I don't mind the text app thats stock, but Handcenet is nice

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
After wednesday I will know .I still got my incredible its not going anywhere, lol :D .But I updated another phone to the DX just waiting on it to get here (tracking it) :) .A co worker has one but I haven't actually used it much myself.

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
The email or Gmail? I do agree that if you aren't a Gmail user it can be a bit of a pain to sync up your email account, I've had Gmail for years but I have yahoo work accounts as well and its a pain.

Have you tried Handcent? I don't mind the text app thats stock, but Handcenet is nice

The Exchange email app.. it's very basic and doesnt offer groups, VIP, etc like the HTC email did.

also, you have to manually go back in and select Data Push otherwise it defaults to Fetch..while isn't a big deal, but how may people are going to notice this?

The Gmail app is the same app, so no complaints between the 2 there.. my complaint is that the app itself is horrible.. html email doesn't auto size to the screen and the reply button is at the bottom of the email.. (but thats the same across all Android devices)

I guess I fell in love with the HTC widgets also.. the flick to scroll emails and text messages.

scotth45

May 4, 2010
Visit site
i upgraded to the x and i like it but no copy and paste sucks htc mail had it also had it in the web browser this phone doesn't

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Hmm i can select/ highlight text and copy and paste on my X...

Weird

The copy/paste from HTC was a direct rip off of the iPhone's copy/paste lol.. I havent tried it on the X yet.. will give it a go and see how it goes.

I like the multitouch KB..but then again, I had the stripped keyboard from the X on my Inc. :D

seems much much smoother to use the keyboard on the X than the Incredible..seemed laggy on the Inc

Androidoholic
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
The copy/paste from HTC was a direct rip off of the iPhone's copy/paste lol.. I havent tried it on the X yet.. will give it a go and see how it goes.

I like the multitouch KB..but then again, I had the stripped keyboard from the X on my Inc. :D

seems much much smoother to use the keyboard on the X than the Incredible..seemed laggy on the Inc

I agree the Multi touch kb is very very nice and smooth.

I get a problem with the auto cap not working though, it never caps "I" or I'm or anything

Kind of sad panda

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Also, the Droid X has a PowerVR SGX 535 GPU right? seems when running livewallpapers that chugged on my Droid Inc, they aren't much better on the Droid X.. I would of assumed the more powerful GPU would of helped with that.

Quads still runs badly.. ParticleStorm runs the same as it did on my Inc..

Androidoholic
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I think the major standing points for getting a X rather the Inc is mainly media.

The X is a media phone, HDMI out, huge screen, DLNA, Media Share, 720p etc etc.

If you don't use these features or have a use for them then yeah I don't see it being a must to upgrade from the Inc.

Just another 2 cents to the jar :)

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Also, hows the multimedia dock? is the app it runs when dock the same as the Moto Droid? Ive seen different looking dock apps from different websites.. then I've seen the same app as the Moto Droid.. I'm conflicted..

KB3MMX

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Overall, I'm glad i didn't dump the Dinc for the X, I haven't been impressed with anything about it other than the sheer size of the screen.
If I were to dump the dinc, it would be for the Samsung Galaxy S series phone as I have played with the droid X and the Samsung Captivate already. The samsung is a much better built(no cheap wiggly buttons or washed out screen) , sytlish & working phone than the X IMHO.

I'm sure I'll get flamed for this one!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12