Did you guys get the insurance?

bigboss

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I am most likely going to cancel my insurance on my droid X. I have the $7.99/month one

after reading all these stories how they BS you and try to give you a "comparable phone" and if you are even lucky to get your phone it will most likely be a refurb? EFF that...

Chewie18

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I don't see it being worth it. You just have to be real careful.

But it does scare me with the 2 and 4 year old running around.

johntkong

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Mine was added automatically to my new account when i signed up. Im glad for it. I wouldn't want anything happening to my second dx. The first was a warrenty swap because of bad speakers. I may drop the insurance later on but for now we are in a case and the insurance stays.

ylimehajile

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
mig991 - I was just about to sign up for the SquareTrade deal and then read this on their site.

◦For reimbursements, we will pay you the replacement cost of the phone, up to a maximum of the amount selected above, or the price you paid which is listed on your item receipt, whichever is less. If accidental damage was the cause of the failure, we will subtract a $50 deductible from the payout.

So basically if they need to reimburse you on your phone you get $150 back. What's up with that? You can't repurchase the phone for that price! What is the point of the insurance if you can't replace your existing phone with it.

Topweasel

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Just Ordered My Dx. I decided to drop the extended warranty. I doubt with the recent drop in the NE2 deal that I will go into a 2nd year on the DX annual upgrades for me. I might drop Assurian on my next phone but I need to have a back up I can trust and won't have me swearing up an down the whole time I am using it. The S1 isn't that phone but I think the Dx can and will be.

Scatabrain

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I dont usually buy insurance for things but i do for phones. I have had 2 claims - both went very well.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Trantice99

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I got the $7.99 insurance. It does come with an $89 deductible, but I don't mind. I think it is 100% worth it. There is a $1.99 extended warranty, which basically extends the manufacturer's one year warranty into two, but it only covers the device itself, if its a problem with buttons, or battery or what have you.

The $7.99 covers everything. It makes sense on a $600+ device, even if you keep it in two cases most of the time (i know overkill), and the possibility of it breaking is slim (but possible).

CBCstillmatic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I got the $7.99 insurance. It does come with an $89 deductible, but I don't mind. I think it is 100% worth it. There is a $1.99 extended warranty, which basically extends the manufacturer's one year warranty into two, but it only covers the device itself, if its a problem with buttons, or battery or what have you.

The $7.99 covers everything. It makes sense on a $600+ device, even if you keep it in two cases most of the time (i know overkill), and the possibility of it breaking is slim (but possible).

If I am not mistaken it depends why the device needs to be replaced. The $7.99 is a combo of both extended and accidental. If it is a manufacturer defect the extended covers you past the 1 year with no deductible and you get the replacement from verizon but if you drop the phone or it gets stolen or something then it goes through assurion and you pay the deductible. I think I will call and find out for sure myself now just so I know for the future.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Maronda4

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I bet you are right, trying to decide myself. I did not have it on my last Samsung and after about 1.5 years the touch screen totally messed up on it. With this one I don't know if I can stand not having it.

Topweasel

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
If I am not mistaken it depends why the device needs to be replaced. The $7.99 is a combo of both extended and accidental. If it is a manufacturer defect the extended covers you past the 1 year with no deductible and you get the replacement from verizon but if you drop the phone or it gets stolen or something then it goes through assurion and you pay the deductible. I think I will call and find out for sure myself now just so I know for the future.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Correct there are 4 options.

$0.00 Nothing covered outside 1 yr Manufacturers warranty. Wear and Tear and non hardware issues are not covered. Free replacement on phones that have true hardware failures under this period.

$1.99 Extended Manufacturers warranty. Same as above but covers it into the second year. Must be added during first 30 days, no waiting till you have an issue, purchasing it and waiting a couple days and calling it in.

$6.00 Assurian insurance. Covers against pretty much anything, but a large deductible to go with substantial monthly costs of protection. Any lost phone is entered as such and the ESN is locked from activation.

$7.99 Combo, for people whom are careful with the phone they extended free replacement on hardware issues, and $90 replacements on the chance that an accident does happen. For Others it at least keep the hardware warranty going on any insurance replacement they might require outside or near the end of the original year.

DroidRage79

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I bought insurance from Ensquared for my DroidX. It was very simple process and much cheaper than Asurion. They guarantee replacement phones in 2 days also. $58.99 for a year of coverage including theft, accidental breakage, water damage (including submersion) or loss. Cool thing about Ensquared is you have a 90 day window (as opposed to 30 days from Asurion) to add the coverage onto your phone from the day you purchase it. You dont even have to send them any documentation UNTIL you have a claim, so once you purchase the insurance just keep your Packing Slip or Sales Receipt in a safe place. I'm really at peace knowing my X is covered and it's costing me just $4.92/month

CBCstillmatic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Correct there are 4 options.

$0.00 Nothing covered outside 1 yr Manufacturers warranty. Wear and Tear and non hardware issues are not covered. Free replacement on phones that have true hardware failures under this period.

$1.99 Extended Manufacturers warranty. Same as above but covers it into the second year. Must be added during first 30 days, no waiting till you have an issue, purchasing it and waiting a couple days and calling it in.

$6.00 Assurian insurance. Covers against pretty much anything, but a large deductible to go with substantial monthly costs of protection. Any lost phone is entered as such and the ESN is locked from activation.

$7.99 Combo, for people whom are careful with the phone they extended free replacement on hardware issues, and $90 replacements on the chance that an accident does happen. For Others it at least keep the hardware warranty going on any insurance replacement they might require outside or near the end of the original year.

I was told by the Rep at the Verizon store that the extended warranty covers the phone for as long as you pay for the coverage not just a second year. Basically they said the assurion coverage can be for anything but if you also have the extended warranty and the issue is a manufacturing defect you can save yourself a deductible.

So if you just have the assurion you pay a deductible no matter what happens. If you have just the extended warranty then you are screwed if the phone gets stolen or run over. Now if you have both you are completely covered and can save a deductible if it breaks and isn't something you did to it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiaara