Corporate sync

jbomb11

Banned
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Is there anyway to bypass paying extra to have my work email synced to my phone besides logging in through the browser??? I retired connecting using corporate sync but I am pretty sure verizon mandates you having the 44.99 data plan to have it accessed by the simple one touch of an icon...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

WAldenIV

MacGyver Wannabe
Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
You can easily add a corporate account as a second email account on your phone. It doesn't matter if it's POP3/STMP or an Exchange server. Simply add a new account and follow the steps to set it up.

Topweasel

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
You have to remember that Verizon's best selling smartphone prior to their Droid line was BB. It's also why the X is being considered the BB killer. Before the X (Inc and Droid to lesser extents) there wasn't a good showing at Verizon, so people moving to the X statistically are going to be people moving within Verizon from one smartphone to the next meaning that most of that is coming from their BB clientele.

I bring this up because the $45 data plan is pretty much a holdover from having two tier pricing for BB contracts. Unlike the BES Push and Pull servers where that is being handled off the phone, this is completely handled between your device and your companies servers and isn't an application that has to authenticate with Verizon. So really its stupid check or for company contracts where they can get an extra couple bucks and the companies understand that to have their name on the account they have to.

lsmunoz

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
If you are having trouble with Corp sync, try touchdown. It gives access to some options not easily found in corp sync.

t9giese

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
When you go through the online purchase of phone and data plan, it says you must have the $45 plan for exchange active sync. Others have said they are paying $30 and it works just fine but I have not tried myself.

jbomb11

Banned
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
How do I find the in coming and outgoing port info for my work email??? My tech guy is out of town and I want this now!!! Haha thanks everyone.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

mflynn

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
If you are having trouble with Corp sync, try touchdown. It gives access to some options not easily found in corp sync.

That's what I have and highly recommend it. It supports the encryption/pin keycodes that many enterprises require now. While Froyo enhances android's exchange support, its still not as good as touchdown's.

Ktulu

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I don't want to turn this into an advertisement for Touchdown, BUT I highly recommend it. Especially if you're coming from a Blackberry and are used to that level of email service. The app that's included with the X for Exchange is terrible and had me lamenting the loss of my Blackberry. I acctually get emails faster on my X with Touchdown then I do on my Blackberry using BIS.

At least give it a try. Touchdown has a 30 day demo. I've heard that Exchange integration is better in Froyo. Unless Froyo gets pushed in the next 23 days, I'll be buying Touchdown when the demo expires.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo