Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dwd3885
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    519 Global Posts

Default Wiimote on DroidX

I can confirm that you can hook up the Nintendo wiimote to the DroidX and use it to play games via the SNESoid emulator. It works great. Although I'm not too good at Mario!

Here's a clip:

Last edited by dwd3885; 07-28-2010 at 04:24 PM.
    Thanked by:
    Dirty Ders likes this.

I'm trying this on a rooted Evo. First question, will this work or am I wasting my time? The Evo is rooted using Unrevoked. Second, I keep getting an error message from the wiimote app during initiation saying the password is incorrect. The app is suggesting it is either 0000, or 1234. Neither of those work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

is there anyway to have the hdmi output functional while playing the game? if screenshots are possible so should a constant hdmi output broadcasting your screen

I don't think so, at least not without root.

Quote Originally Posted by Leif View Post
    I don't think so, at least not without root.
    are you sure? and what apps with root make this possible?

Can u use a controller for psx4droid?

Global Posts
    1,371 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock unrooted

Quote Originally Posted by droidmaster2232 View Post
    Can u use a controller for psx4droid?
    Ps3 controller is bluetooth isnt it? Might work.

Can you provide the steps needed to set this up?

Quote Originally Posted by Saiyaman156 View Post
    Can you provide the steps needed to set this up?
    this

congrats on the main page

Quote Originally Posted by bzh027 View Post
    are you sure? and what apps with root make this possible?
    No, I'm not sure, and it may be possible. The only things it the last time I checked, the only thing you can actually use that port for, is viewing pictures and videos taken on the phone. (Lame, I know)

I don't know what root apps could do it...but you're best bet is to try to find one that can output the screen to the HDMI port...which could be difficult, because having said port isn't part of the android specs.

this is win, just bought a WiiMote and loaded everything on my DX-

i bought a wiimote today with the intention to 'hack' it into a cradle/charger. but the mote weighs so much less than the x makes it incredibly top heavy. just going to free hand it and build or buy a normal cradle now..

mines set up is light and the center of gravity where i mounted it makes it even lighter and stable then most ive seen-

just bought this and a kickstand case.

its been tested with the wiimote app by the creator. The regular wiimote I bought I'm returning to best buy as it doesnt work well with the cps2hd app I'm using. I gots to have me some mvsc.

I picked up a Black Wiimote and Black Classic Controller Pro yesterday and hooked it all up, works like a charm. 12 buttons to use at my disposal and it is super fast, no latency or lag. It looks and feels like a playstation controller, so PSX4droid is beautiful on it, not to mention all my old school emulators work brilliantly on it as well.

Theres only 2 downsides to this setup. The first is that you have to lug around the Wiimote AND the classic controller at all times, if you plan on gaming on the go. The other downside is that using a seperate handling device means your phone has to sit somewhere. This can either be easy to deal with (kickstand on a table or desk) or it can be a nightmare (leaving it on your lap, 5+ minutes and you get neck strain.)

Other than that this works awesome and I fully support the dev who wrote the Wii Controller IME app as well as using this setup. Now if only I could output my phones entire UI via HDMI to my 62" HDTV...
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on Verizon
    Cyanogen Mod 10.1 Nightlies

Quote Originally Posted by DaRkL3AD3R View Post
    I picked up a Black Wiimote and Black Classic Controller Pro yesterday and hooked it all up, works like a charm. 12 buttons to use at my disposal and it is super fast, no latency or lag. It looks and feels like a playstation controller, so PSX4droid is beautiful on it, not to mention all my old school emulators work brilliantly on it as well.

Theres only 2 downsides to this setup. The first is that you have to lug around the Wiimote AND the classic controller at all times, if you plan on gaming on the go. The other downside is that using a seperate handling device means your phone has to sit somewhere. This can either be easy to deal with (kickstand on a table or desk) or it can be a nightmare (leaving it on your lap, 5+ minutes and you get neck strain.)

Other than that this works awesome and I fully support the dev who wrote the Wii Controller IME app as well as using this setup. Now if only I could output my phones entire UI via HDMI to my 62" HDTV...
    Simple fix, especially if you plan on lugging around extra hardware (wiimote + controller)... buy a cheap $0.99 plastic business card holder. lol.

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    ROM
    GPA15

Default Re: Wiimote on DroidX

Quote Originally Posted by dwd3885 View Post
    I can confirm that you can hook up the Nintendo wiimote to the DroidX and use it to play games via the SNESoid emulator. It works great. Although I'm not too good at Mario!

Here's a clip:

This is awesome! We'll totally tweet about this. Will it work on my rooted Motorola Droid?

Default Re: Wiimote on DroidX

Quote Originally Posted by DaRkL3AD3R View Post
    Now if only I could output my phones entire UI via HDMI to my 62" HDTV...
    Doesnt that app Real HDMI do exactly that for the Droid X? I play angry birds on my 50" like that sometimes. Just to show off to people really haha.
    Droid MAXX Rooted on 4.4