Screen Flicks and Random Reboot

mikejs78

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I've had my Droid X for about a week now, and while it's been awesome, a couple of troubling issues are starting to pop up. First, I've gotten random screen flickers. I don't get them like in the Youtube video, with half the screen going out, and it seems I only get them when scrolling through my contacts. The screen just flickers for under a second and returns to normal. Not terribly disruptive, but I'm afraid it's a sign of things to come.

Second, I've been having random reboots as of late. My phone will reboot on average of once per day (sometimes twice). Once it comes back up, all appears normal. Since I was getting a similar issue on my Blackberry Tour, it's nothing new, but I was hoping to get beyond that.

Only thing that I think I am doing differently is running ADW.Launcher instead of stock with Home Switcher. I am not rooted.

Any insights on the above?

brandonx1000

rule the air.
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
ive had mine since launch and have yet to have a randoom reboot, the only time it's ever been reset is when i got the update that came out a few weeks back

i'm also using launcher pro plus

i would take it back..

also, never had the screen "flicker"

mikejs78

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Ugh. I just got my home screens and tweaks just the way I want them. Now I'll have to do that all over again with a new phone. Is there any way to back all that up and just restore it?

Anyone else using ADW.Launcher?

CarbonOak

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
I've used both launchers and both allow backups of settings and home screens icons under the launcher's settings. The backups are to your SD card, IIRC.

Maximaniac

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Interesting...I've been using ADW for about 4 days now and haven't had any issues, but a minute ago my phone had its first random reboot. I'm at work and looked over to my phone and the motorola symbol was on the screen. I pushed the lock button and home button and nothing happened, then the red droid eye popped up and I realized it was rebooting. At first I thought, "omg! my phone just updated to Froyo!!", but when I checked the about screen, it still showed 2.1. Everything else on the phone seems fine, but I'm concerned with random reboots too.

Androidoholic
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I've had mine since it came out and every things been perfect besides last week when I experienced the reboot loop. I had put my phone down and then was baffled when I heard the "Drooiddd" I looked down and my phone had just restarted. And then it would turn off and restart for another hour without me being able to do anything. It finally stopped and it hasn't done it again (thank god) but it has me on edge now

Maximaniac

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I've had mine since it came out and every things been perfect besides last week when I experienced the reboot loop. I had put my phone down and then was baffled when I heard the "Drooiddd" I looked down and my phone had just restarted. And then it would turn off and restart for another hour without me being able to do anything. It finally stopped and it hasn't done it again (thank god) but it has me on edge now

Are you using ADW launcher too? If we can pinpoint this to ADW, then I'm uninstalling. If it's not ADW specific, then there might be a bad batch of phones out there that randomly reboot for no apparant reason.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12