Some say fast, some say laggy?

Charmed Juan

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
I have heard some x owners say the phone is laggy, and others say it's fast.
Others say it speeds up when the stock widgets are removed.

What say everyjuan?

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
When you power the phone on first and it's got all the Motorola garbage on it, the phone is a tad choppy. I removed all the widgets and then downloaded ADW.launcher and then setup my own widgets and now the thing feels super quick..

itguy09

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I think it's fine. Much more responsive than my iPhone 3G. But then again just about anything would be. The iPhone got laggy and the DX does a little but it's usually no big deal.

I've got no issues with the speed of the DX.

borgey401

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
well, i am thinking about selling my x just because it's so damn laggy. i am not a moron i know how to setup a phone so don't even throw that at me. i have launcherpro and have tried adw with basically no widgets. at times it's so bad that even the lock screen lags when i pull the tab. i absolutely LOVE OMAP too and this just lets me down. i hope we can get some OC kernels sometime soon to fix this. My Droid Incredible runs so smoothly compared to the X and that's a FACT.

schizrade

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Mines fine.

Of course I used to load applications onto a computer off of a cassette tape from a command line... so... it is great. ;)

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
If the phone is laggy, it's something the END USER IS DOING.

All of the Droid X are built with the same specs.. it's illogical to think one runs worse/better than the others.

It makes no sense. Pull 2 Droid X out of the box and they will run exactly the same.

root one and now you've modified it and theoritically it can run differently. Put different widgets on one that aren't on the fresh-out-of-the-box DroidX and it'll run differently.

itguy09

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Yes, they are all built to the same specs but that doesn't mean that there are not variations in CPU speed, RAM speed, etc. Or something's amiss that would cause retries or other communications faults across the buss.

I'm in IT and we see this all the time - 2 identical servers, same Windows CD used but 1 has issues and the others does not. Could be hardware or the POS known as Windows....

Point is if yours is slow in stock form it may be something in the hardware, not the software.

kajii

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Mine runs great, BUT I have sometimes noticed slight lag when switching screens. Nothing to be bothered by though, everything had slight lag.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

rjdangerous

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
well, i am thinking about selling my x just because it's so damn laggy. i am not a moron i know how to setup a phone so don't even throw that at me. i have launcherpro and have tried adw with basically no widgets. at times it's so bad that even the lock screen lags when i pull the tab. i absolutely LOVE OMAP too and this just lets me down. i hope we can get some OC kernels sometime soon to fix this. My Droid Incredible runs so smoothly compared to the X and that's a FACT.

My X is filled with apps and runs smooth, never LAGS. Stock UI no launchers. Don't know whats wrong with your phone.

bart151

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
The stock Moto UI is laggy and sluggish. When using Launcher Pro however, its smooth an quick. It all depends on the UI your using. I wish Motor would have better tested their UI before releasing it because it just doesnt feel all that great to be honest. And, now that Im hearing reports that froyo is actually making the device slower... Yeah, glad I returned mine. I loved the size of the device and how solid it felt(loved the druid 1 build also) and was fun going on websites due to the shear size, but the battery life and stock UI just ruined it. However when I did go to return mine at the store, I messed around with the floor model and the UI on theirs did seem more snappy then mine. So, it might just be the luck of the draw with the phone you get. Mine unfortunately seemed to be the worse of the bunch.

Ill wait an see what updates bring to the device before I go back and purchase it again.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
mine is so fast its rooted running bw, lpp, and 112 apps..... sometimes its so fast i think i can cook eggs with it. try this with DINC and we would still be waiting.

CarbonOak

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
The stock Moto UI is laggy and sluggish. When using Launcher Pro however, its smooth an quick. It all depends on the UI your using. I wish Motor would have better tested their UI before releasing it because it just doesnt feel all that great to be honest. And, now that Im hearing reports that froyo is actually making the device slower... Yeah, glad I returned mine. I loved the size of the device and how solid it felt(loved the druid 1 build also) and was fun going on websites due to the shear size, but the battery life and stock UI just ruined it. However when I did go to return mine at the store, I messed around with the floor model and the UI on theirs did seem more snappy then mine. So, it might just be the luck of the draw with the phone you get. Mine unfortunately seemed to be the worse of the bunch.

Ill wait an see what updates bring to the device before I go back and purchase it again.

You, and probably a few others, just got a bad phone batch. My friend has had terrible terrible issues with his phone (3-4 hrs battery life, lockups, rebooting) and he keeps saying he's going iphone. I keep telling him that he probably got a phone that was jacked up. It'd be no different if someone got a bad patch of iphone 4's.

Fortunately for him he's getting a replacement DX in the mail tomorrow though he is growing impatient, hehe. My other friend and I have had zero issues with our DX's. Smooth and fast.

I remember that statistic somewhere that 95% of returned items are not actually broken. Perhaps you and my friend are that small 5% that truly are.

.46caliber

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
When you power the phone on first and it's got all the Motorola garbage on it, the phone is a tad choppy. I removed all the widgets and then downloaded ADW.launcher and then setup my own widgets and now the thing feels super quick..

Ditto. My wife's was choppy and hanging on her. I removed all the Moto Widgets that she didn't use. Now it's faster.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000