Linpack results

Jenag

Jul 12, 2010
www.jenagblog.com
I have run Linpack, and have received the similar ratings that was in the benchmark tests (8 mflops area) but when you go to compare it on linpacks results pages, some people are getting double that. Are those faulty readings or are people really managing to get that high somehow already?

.46caliber

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I believe you're right. I blame a caffeine deficiency.

Jenag, I looked at the Linpack results after running on my X.

The top score has a clock speed of 1154.0 MHz or 1.154GHz. There are also two different model numbers listed, one is Droid X the other is DROIDX.

It also appears at least one has a different system version.

Remember the guys at Motorola who are testing and playing with the X can use Linpack too.

EDIT: GreeneComputing's site may be glitchy. The first phone on the results page is the HTC Vibrant. There are also 3 phones listed from a user "concord" that are all the same. Don't put too much stock in those charts. Believe you me, when someone finds a way to make a significant improvement from 8 MFLOPS, it will be all over this forum.

Jenag

Jul 12, 2010
www.jenagblog.com
haha ok thanks, yeah i was looking at it with just awe and dumbstruck. Was going to say thats awfully crazy for people to be that high for no reason. So like you said its probably developers, glitches etc something of that sort

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Here's how benchmark scores get faked online (both linpack and quadrant)
copy the app off of your phone with Astro
Use an program called apktool. It decompiles the application.
Open the code as a project in netbeans
Edit the multiplier
save, and use apktool to rebuild and resign the apk.
Reinstall via Astro
run the benchmark, get 5x, 10x, 20x whatever of your real score
submit.

Look at any online DB for Android app 'scores', they've almost all been ruined by cheats

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Here's how benchmark scores get faked online (both linpack and quadrant)
copy the app off of your phone with Astro
Use an program called apktool. It decompiles the application.
Open the code as a project in netbeans
Edit the multiplier
save, and use apktool to rebuild and resign the apk.
Reinstall via Astro
run the benchmark, get 5x, 10x, 20x whatever of your real score
submit.

Look at any online DB for Android app 'scores', they've almost all been ruined by cheats

I'm actually tending to lean towards the fact that the op is right... these are most likely X's with Froyo on it...

After seeing the Linnpack results from the Droid 2 I get a baaad feeling that while we Droid X owners may have been destroying the pack of 2.1 phones, 2.2 and JIT is not playing well with our hardware...

Let's hope this is all false and JIT boosts our Linnpack upwards of 40-50 like it did basically every other high end 2.1 smart phone that now has 2.2...

This X owner is worried :(