Screen Question: Bright White vs. Pinkish

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
One thing I've noticed, in a lot of phones with LCD screens, is that the whiteness of the screen can vary quite a bit. The picture below doesn't illustrate this very well, but (in person) the screen on the right is noticeably pinkish white compared to the one on the left, which is true and bright white with no pink tint at all. You probably wouldn't notice this unless you compared 2 screens side by side.

Is anyone familiar enough with screens to know why there would be such variances?

Note: Brightness setting is the same on both. Also, like I said the picture doesn't do the difference between the 2 justice.

IMG_0588-1.jpg

Last edited:

Androidoholic
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
When I compare phones the Inc looks more pink than the X, but when I hold it up to the computer screen the X looks pink. Huh

whippingboy

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I had 3 EVOS (wife, mom, mine) all had variances. Mine was reddish, mom's kinda neutral (yellowish) wife's bluish (very cool)

Without putting them all side by side, only mine w/ the reddish cast was all that noticeable.

Bravozero

Drroooiiiiddddd
Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
You guys pretty much hit the nail on the head as to what I was going to post here. I noticed when I went into the VZW store to check out the D2, I played with several of the DX's there and noticed mine wasn't very... vivid, as the rest of them. They all had a nice white glow to them, mine looks a bit dull and more of a bright off-white. It actually annoys me now. What I didn't pay attention to was how the different colors, like red or blue or whatever, compared in contrast. I do notice that the red on mine isn't very red, its more of an orange-ish or pink-ish at times, not a true red.