Beautiful Widgets Settings On X

ifsbp

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
I was finally able to download BW yesterday after having trouble a few days ago. However, it appears to be killing my battery. I do not have Geolocation enabled and have entered my location. I have it set to update my weather every hour. GPS appears to be off. Any ideas? If someone is not having batter issues would you please post your settings for BW? Thank you!

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
I don't have that problem. I had bw on my old droid and would only eat 2% of battery. On the X i don't see how to see battery use by individual app. I have mine set to update every 2 hours and don't use the live wallpaper with it. How bad is your battery being now with bw.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

VolMan37421

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I just updated to the new version of BW and turned on the animiation for weather after unlocking the phone. (I loved that about Sense). I noticed it warned me that could hog battery life and this was a "first try" so to speak with this feature. That could be what's causing your battery drain, if you have that feature turned on. I'll keep an eye on the battery life and see if affects mine as well. However, I use the desk dock at work so I keep my phone pretty well charged up all day.

ifsbp

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
I did not unlock the animation for weather so that is not the problem. My battery is down to 40% at the moment. I had a full charge when I took it off my dock at 6:20 this morning.

baxterlf

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Don't know if this helps but I've noticed that something at my office drains my battery like crazy. At first i thought it was just the phone but after working at home the last two days I now think it is the extremely low reception in the building. I'm getting double the battery life at home.

doctorlove316

Retired Moderator
Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I have also been using BW since my OG Droid and haven't noticed a battery drain at all. The only things that I can think of to suggest are double checking your settings and possibly uninstalling and reinstalling. Good luck.

My settings are, GPS off, no live wallpaper, animations unchecked and hourly updates.

I did just notice that when installing the latest update this morning, there was a popup that recommended an uninstall and reinstall if you're experiencing any bugs.

ifsbp

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
I have same settings as you avlfive. I noticed that recommendation as well and have done the uninstall and reinstall but my battery is still draining way too fast. I am at work and do not have wifi. I use wifi at home and of course see better batter life. However, I was at work yesterday and the battery was fine until I installed BW yesterday. I did download a few skins yesterday but that in no way should drain the battery today. I'm also using a number of the other BW widgets on one of my screens (i.e. airplaine mode, wife, etc.). But, I cannot see how those would drain the battery.

doctorlove316

Retired Moderator
Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I have same settings as you avlfive. I noticed that recommendation as well and have done the uninstall and reinstall but my battery is still draining way too fast. I am at work and do not have wifi. I use wifi at home and of course see better batter life. However, I was at work yesterday and the battery was fine until I installed BW yesterday. I did download a few skins yesterday but that in no way should drain the battery today. I'm also using a number of the other BW widgets on one of my screens (i.e. airplaine mode, wife, etc.). But, I cannot see how those would drain the battery.

I agree about the other BW toggle widgets not contributing to the problem. I also don't use wifi at my workplace (locked out) but I do at home and like I said, I haven't had any noticible battery problems. I too, downloaded quite a few skins yesterday after the major update but you're right, that shouldn't affect anything now.

Unfortunately, the only thing that I can think of is that, like baxterlf suggested, it could be a bad connection at your workplace that is causing the radio to constantly search for a signal and a 3G signal but it does seem strange that this just started since installing BW.

TurboCam

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
all these cloud animations are makign me lookj forard to cloudy days!

now, I can't wait to see what happens when it starts raining!

ifsbp

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
avlfive and baxterlf you could be on to something about the connection at work. It appears that I'm not having connection problems but I'll have to check around. The phone has displayed 4 bars about 90% time here at work. So I think that is fine. Maybe it is the 3G signal. This might be a dumb question but I have not used 3G much since purchasing the phone. We were on vacation and had no 3G where we were at and when I work from home I'm on wifi. How can you tell if the phone is constantly searching for a 3G signal? Thanks!

doctorlove316

Retired Moderator
Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
avlfive and baxterlf you could be on to something about the connection at work. It appears that I'm not having connection problems but I'll have to check around. The phone has displayed 4 bars about 90% time here at work. So I think that is fine. Maybe it is the 3G signal. This might be a dumb question but I have not used 3G much since purchasing the phone. We were on vacation and had no 3G where we were at and when I work from home I'm on wifi. How can you tell if the phone is constantly searching for a 3G signal? Thanks!

I believe that the arrows on the 3G icon will stay black if the 3G is constantly running for whatever reason, but if your signal is weak, it will go down to 1X (I've only seen it happen once or twice on my X). Under my battery manager, I use smart mode that turns off data if idle for 15 minutes.

ifsbp

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
avlfive, I have battery on smart mode as well. I have not seen my 3G display 1G here. It did while on vacation but again I expected that there. Redneck Trash may be on to something if you mean opening the app as clicking the weather, wait for 5 day forecast and open the menu. I've done that to check settings to see if there was something I could tweak or forgot to set properly. I think I need to see how my battery is after I do another full charge and not open up the app and just let it play nicely on the home screen. Opening an app like this should not kill battery life that fast. Yes, it should take more processing when playing around with it more but should not kill the battery that quickly.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer