Reason to Worry or Overreaction?

acard811

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
I've ordered my Droid X, but spending alot of time in this forum i seem to be seeing more problems than praise.

It's hard to know how many people are being affected by the problems.

Have you had problems with your X, and do you think they are widespread?

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I love my X and haven't had any significant issues! All new phone's have issues here and there, but seriously I wouldn't worry about it too much. Be excited about your order and if you run in to some issues, you can always exchange it for a new one. Is this your first Droid?

dvader

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
yep your not going to see 1000000000 post saying how they love the DX, people just don't do that.. so you are only see issues.
some of it's bugs.. some of it's hardware. and some of it's user error.
and some of it is "software", when the phone was stock, everything worked exactly the way it should. but people got an update and download apps.. etc.. and now you've introduced tons of variables that you never have on a stock phone.
so thus, the forums buzz.. it's nothing to worry about

and with that said
I LOVE MY DROID X!!!!!!

lsmunoz

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Agreed. People rarely post how happy they are, unless they are flaunting an early release of hardware. Most posts will always be people needing help and the responses to those in need. I love my Droid X!

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
another thing to remember is that problems with devices are usually magnified in discussion forums. and like other people have said, you are going to see a ton of "i love my x" threads no matter how great the device is (which it is quite awesome)

liquidhonesty

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I Love my X....was so glad to get away from the iPhone and I'm sorry I didn't switch to Android sooner. My wife uses the X all the time now even for games....she used to always have her iPod Touch in her hand playing games....so she says the screen on the iPod is "too small" hehe

mountainman

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Love the X... came from a Blackberry. You will always hear more negative than positive in forums... just the nature of the beast... great phone. Beat device I've ever owned.

jamesc

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
I will second basically what everyone else said. The Droid X is like having an iPhone, except better in everyway and wont drop calls.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
As they state on the podcast, an online forum is such a smallllll percent of the consumers that it is negligible. Add to that the fact that everything on a forum is "magnified" to make it seem like EVERYONE has a problem with, say, their battery when only 3 people do...and one those is most likely a user-error :p

PS: I love my Droid X ;)

derpudel

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
This forum represents but a very small sample of X users. Some have reported problems/issues, which are serious and they do need a replacement. I don't know how widespread these issues are throughout the entire population that purchased the X. I've had no problems with mine at all. However, I have not made many alterations to the device, other than adding a few apps that I used on my Eris.
I do hope you enjoy your new Droid X. Don't worry about a problem unless one arises.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I left a Windows Mobile device for the Droid x after 10 or more years of use and I do not regret it at all, my Imago has been stored away and I believe for good... I LOVE THE DROID X !!!!! :D

sweetsmuckers

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I left a Windows Mobile device for the Droid x after 10 or more years of use and I do not regret it at all, my Imago has been stored away and I believe for good... I LOVE THE DROID X !!!!! :D

Glad you are loving your DX. I'm a Blackberry user myself who made a switch to Android...and I tell you I don't regret it at all. Best switch I ever made :D

sparhawke2000

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Glad you are loving your DX. I'm a Blackberry user myself who made a switch to Android...and I tell you I don't regret it at all. Best switch I ever made :D

I agree...coming from a Blackberry myself. I was a bit cautious at first, but I'll never look back. Getting the Droid X was definitely a good decision. People will always post problems because you never need help with the good things. I read the forums to learn about these problems, and the subsequent solutions. I haven't experienced any problems myself.

sweetsmuckers

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I agree...coming from a Blackberry myself. I was a bit cautious at first, but I'll never look back. Getting the Droid X was definitely a good decision. People will always post problems because you never need help with the good things. I read the forums to learn about these problems, and the subsequent solutions. I haven't experienced any problems myself.

I never had any problems at all with my DX. I guess we are one of the few people who got a non-problematic DX.

curney

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
i left windows mobile to. I was just waiting for slingplayer and now that android has it i am on board. this phone is great.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Dural

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
On the contrary. This is the first phone that did NOT have bugs/issues. Previous smartphone and multiple Blackberry experiences have been generally good, but there was always some minor issue. The DX has been robust, fast, reliable, bug free and the ideal intro to the android platform. Would never even consider returning to my Blackberry. If I wanted buyer's remorse, I would have purchased an iPhone.

CarbonOak

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Agreed. People rarely post how happy they are, unless they are flaunting an early release of hardware. Most posts will always be people needing help and the responses to those in need. I love my Droid X!

Very true and you go to any other device forum, whether apple, microsoft, etc and you'll see the exact same thing.

dmo1028#AC

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site

Couldn't have said it better!

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I agree with what everyone said too . The DX is a great phone ! I am sure there are some "lemons" out there thats just how it goes and its that way with anything phone's/tv's/car's. My DX appears to be working just as it is suppose to and am happy with it . So I wouldn't worry about it ,just enjoy it when you get yours too many good praises from to many different people to saying how much they love it over the few who complained about stuff. ;)