Black notification bar??

jbomb11

Banned
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
How can I customize my droid x to have the black notification bar? Every screen shot I see with the black bar looks so nice. Is routing my only option here if so what ram/hack do I need to use? Also I've read a few how tos for rooting and I'm still not confident that I infesting what I'm doing

Sent from my DX using my fingers.

doctorlove316

Retired Moderator
Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
How can I customize my droid x to have the black notification bar? Every screen shot I see with the black bar looks so nice. Is routing my only option here if so what ram/hack do I need to use? Also I've read a few how tos for rooting and I'm still not confident that I infesting what I'm doing

Sent from my DX using my fingers.

Rooting is the only option to do that. However it has been done and there is quite the discussion and how-to going on over at the XDA Developers Forum. Dark Gray Status Bar and Transparent Shade

I have not done this and would be very cautious about doing so, especially when you're messing around with the framework without the flashable .sbf (yet).

RayStinkle

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
The first thing I did was get rid of that horrid white bar when I rooted my nexus! But man those steps don't look as easy as with meta morph or simple flash fro recovery.

CarbonOak

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
A charcoal gray or semi transparent notification bar would be awesome. Definitely something I want to check out after Froyo comes out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech