What does the X need to replace a netbook?

Tytanious

Feb 21, 2010
Visit site
What more does the X need that will make it replace your netbook/ipad/laptop/whatever else you use?

The only reason I use my netbook is to run sites with flash. When 2.2 is released I plan on being able to go a long time with out having to use my netbook. It would be nice to be able to print straight from my X (I have an old printer) I have written school papers on it, read whole novels, listen to audiobooks/podcasts, watch movies, and almost everything else I need to do.

Again, I hope when Froyo comes out, this will be all I need. Mwahahaha...ahem..

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
what would the x need to replace my netbook? a full-size keyboard, 10" screen, a usb port to plug accessories into, etc. i use my phone for minor web browsing, but it is much more convenient for me to use a netbook for anything particularly labor intensive

Tytanious

Feb 21, 2010
Visit site
what would the x need to replace my netbook? a full-size keyboard, 10" screen, a usb port to plug accessories into, etc. i use my phone for minor web browsing, but it is much more convenient for me to use a netbook for anything particularly labor intensive

Okay, would you use your X more than minor web browsing if it had flash on it?

deercreek

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
A full USB port. I don't have a netbook now, but if I did I would use it to offload pictures from my DSLR and transfer files to my handheld GPS. A USB port that could recognize SD card readers and other forms of USB storage would do the trick.

I can't see myself ever writing code on a phone, so the X will never replace my work laptop. I have found myself not using my desktop as much since I bought it, though. It does work well as a charging station for my X, though.