why cant i upload video to youtube?

King Neptune117

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
it says waiting for wifi...i connect to wifi...doesnt work. the only way i can get it to work is to make a phonecall to my phone..when i end the call it starts uploading WTF :eek:

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Try turning on wifi then going to the video in the gallery and upload. I've uploaded one this way no issues.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

kajii

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm always able to upload through wifi, but it will stop and I'll have to hit Retry like three times. Definitely needs work.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

valwebb

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
no wifi here

I am brand new to the android world, starting off big with the droid x. I tried uploading to youtube for the first time today, but had no luck. It keeps telling me "waiting for wifi." Problem is, I can't get wifi where I am. From my home (in small town TX) my phone is almost always on 1x. Sometimes I hit 3g but rarely. So what can I do?? I don't even know where to begin. Do I need a router for my home computer? Which one do I need? I'm so lost, it's a little embarrassing to be so "out of the loop" when it comes to things like this. Any help would be appreciated.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Yes wifi is not from your phone like 3g and 1x. A wireless router on your home pc will get you wifi.
I am brand new to the android world, starting off big with the droid x. I tried uploading to youtube for the first time today, but had no luck. It keeps telling me "waiting for wifi." Problem is, I can't get wifi where I am. From my home (in small town TX) my phone is almost always on 1x. Sometimes I hit 3g but rarely. So what can I do?? I don't even know where to begin. Do I need a router for my home computer? Which one do I need? I'm so lost, it's a little embarrassing to be so "out of the loop" when it comes to things like this. Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my Rooted DROIDX using Tapatalk

valwebb

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
Wifi and droid x

Thank you for the quick reply :) I was able to connect to wifi at a friends house who has a router. It still took forever to upload to youtube. My 16 second video took nearly 5 min to upload. I started trying to upload a 2 min video but ended up cancelling due to slow upload time. Is there any way to speed this up, or is it just due to the hd and size of files? Also, what is going to be my best option for purchasing a router. I'm not interested in spending a lot, but I do want a good quality product that produces good results.

scotth45

May 4, 2010
Visit site
I used an app called pixel pipe it uploads the hd videos fine also qik might work also. you might be able to copy them over from dlna then upload from the pc.i tried this with videos from my pc to phone and it works great with the tversity server.haven't tried to copy to my pc though.

Super Turtleman

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm also having trouble uploading to youtube. I am definitely connected to my wifi network (it's obtained an ip address) and I can surf the web but it stays stuck at the "waiting for wifi". The thing is, I've been able to successfully upload 4 videos out of 15 or so attempts. Not sure what worked for those 4, but this is a pain. Any suggestions?

jjjawberg

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
to all you users having trouble uploading to youtube!
i used to have this problem and it would sometimes work sometimes not. the way i like to do things is completely diagnose the problem to find out exactly why.
in order to upload to youtube, the creators of the software made it so if your connection to wifi isn't almost perfect is will come up with an error code in the process of doing uploading. youtube did this so users didnt "blame" youtube for slow uploading, and instead users would just blame the phone.

now to fix the problem:
you can do a soft data reset (instructions just go to the search bar and type it in)
this will clear any existing errors
but the only way to fix it for good, is to get a new router or just find someway to gain a better connection. maybe your too far away? but you just need to obtain a perfect connection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke