x went black

rblake84

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Second time this has happened. I went to pick it up and it was dead, unresponsive top button and the battery was not dead. I pull the battery and the motorola M shows up, with battery out. So it starts up and says 30% battery left. What the hell is wrong with this thing. It also has the rebooting issue too.

doctorlove316

Retired Moderator
Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Second time this has happened. I went to pick it up and it was dead, unresponsive top button and the battery was not dead. I pull the battery and the motorola M shows up, with battery out. So it starts up and says 30% battery left. What the hell is wrong with this thing. It also has the rebooting issue too.

That's unfortunate. Maybe try to take it into a VZW store and see what they think, personally, that's what I would do . You might have to end up exchanging it for another one.

doctorlove316

Retired Moderator
Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like its exchange for a new one time. I haven't heard/seen too many of these happening.

I haven't heard much of it either. And I'd get in there soon because it sounds like people are still getting new phones rather than refurbished ones and who knows how long that's gonna last.

katrina2475

Apr 12, 2010
ksanchez.scentsy.us
Mine did the same thing plus I was having the lockups with the screen on. I took it in to the store and they are sending me out a replacement. Should be here tomorrow.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I have had that happen a few times but doing a battery pull alway recovered it for me I just hope they get more in stock before I need to get a replacement.

rblake84

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Yeah it sucks, this will be my second replacement in the short time it's been out for me. Last one could not hold a signal. If this one is bad within the rest of my 30 day period I might just need to try something else.

deadlift425

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Do a factory reset on your phone. That seems to solve the issue for the time being.

I think when 2.2 comes to the droid x, it will solve the bugs that we are experiencing!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles