Factory Reset

droidX1991

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
If I perform a factory reset, how would i get all my contacts and pictures back? I have heard that you use backup assistant but how does it work? Also, I use backup pro and I have saved everything to my SD card... Sorry if it is common sense to some, I am just new to android.

droidX1991

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I have choppy signal everywhere and my phone can't seem to maintain a strong 3G signal.... I have read taht a factory reset could solve the problem.

vor

May 26, 2010
Visit site
AFAIK a factory reset should not format the SD card. Contacts can be backed up easily with the included Verizon app.

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I just did it a couple of days ago, because of a problem adding a second gmail account, which it resolved.

The reset didn't touch the SD card at all. It was relatively painless, and I was able to restore all of my apps with AppBrain. Of course you do have to reenter all of your user ID's and Passwords, and Settings, and you will have to restore any Bluetooth pairing. I recommend that you backup up everything prior to doing it, just to be sure.

I was able to get all of apps installed within a couple of hours, and had all my home pages reorganized by the following day. I didn't notice any change in operation, except for the fix on the gmail thing.

droidX1991

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Yeah factory reset didn't help my service much... Guess I'm going to have to wait for the local best buy to get shipments of the X for an exchange. Guy said it could take up to a week and a half =/

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463