Combining call log entries from/to the same caller

Toxa

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
Droid X, stock 2.1.
I was wondering if anyone has any clue on this problem. I searched but could not find any definitive answers.
If i get calls from or myself call a specific person say 5 times a day, I would have a record of each call as a separate entry in my recent calls history. Is there an option to combine all calls, either incoming or outgoing for the same person under one record. Blackberries do it by default. For example all those calls mentioned above would be listed under that specific contact's name, and if I select that record, it would show me all history for that contact. It is annoying if I have 10 calls with one contact, I would have to do a lot of scrolling to get to my other recent calls. Any help is appreciated.
Some people suggested an app called dialer one from the market, but it doesnt replace the stock dialer and changes the dialer keyboard (i really like the stock one).

Thank you.

Edit: I guess no one else finds this annoying or has an answer. Oh well...

Last edited:

doctorlove316

Retired Moderator
Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I also find this a little annoying and I can't seem to find any settings that will change it but it doesn't bother me enough to install a 3rd party dialer.

RayStinkle

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Froyo fixes this. When I get 5 calls in a row to or from the same caller, they all get grouped together under 1, and click to expand it shows the actual calls and details.

appsbeyond

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Check out Call History Plus

Hey everyone,
Check out the Call History Plus app on the Android market. Groups by contact, call type, date, or a custom filter you specify

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze