Any tips on setting up an @mail.edu account?

Delta_Sigma_Pi

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Okay so this is my school email address (very important) and we use Google apps so it should not be too hard.

Any way, I keep getting a message of "connection error"

Any ideas as to what I am doing wrong here?

bigboss

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Why not have your. Edu email forwarded to gmail? That's what i've been doing for the past couple of yrs

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

gtmci84s

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
I have a .edu account for school/work. I just called the college's IT department ant they gave me all of the server names and told me exactly what I needed. Most of the employees who have their mail forwarded to their phones here use blackberry and I'm pretty sure the smtp (Outgoing server, I think that's what it's called) is different for BB than Android because I tried using the same settings as my co-workers BB and it didn't work. I got lucky though, the guy I got a hold of had a droid. Anyway, call IT.

gtmci84s

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Why not have your. Edu email forwarded to gmail? That's what i've been doing for the past couple of yrs

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I didn't have mine forwarded to g-mail because when you reply to one that was forwarded doesn't it say it's from @gmail.com instead of your .edu when the person your replying to gets it? If that's the case It would go directly into person's spam box if I was replying to someone I work with and they most likely would never see it.

Topweasel

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I didn't have mine forwarded to g-mail because when you reply to one that was forwarded doesn't it say it's from @gmail.com instead of your .edu when the person your replying to gets it? If that's the case It would go directly into person's spam box if I was replying to someone I work with and they most likely would never see it.

I believe the trick is to set up a Gmail account specifically for this .edu account and any response back from that address can be configured to have your .edu address as the from.

kpageisgreat

Jan 16, 2010
Visit site
I believe the trick is to set up a Gmail account specifically for this .edu account and any response back from that address can be configured to have your .edu address as the from.

That is true, I did it a few times but I forgot all about it since I graduated.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz