email question

chicchica

May 14, 2010
Visit site
On my previous phone (HTC Droid Eris) I was able to set up my work email and I would get notifications right away. However, I have not been sucessful in doing that with my Droid X. Wouldn't it be the same "information" that I had entered when I set up my Eris? The ONLY time I get notifications that I received an email through my work is when my X does it automatic reboots or when I power off/on. Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks!

jamesc

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
Chicchica - I'm assuming you are using Microsoft exchange? I would go into your email on your phone and then click the menu button and email settings. Then make sure either Data Push is checked, if you want the phone checking for email all the time and you get them on your phone in real time, or select a fetch schedule below that of say every 15 mins.

chicchica

May 14, 2010
Visit site
We do use Microsoft Outlook at work but our email is also web-based (does that make sense). I have enabled all the "stuff" that people have talked about in previous post regarding emails but still nothing. My work emails used to come to my Eris quicker than they did to my computer, now with the X I don't receive them. I tried setting up my email under the corporate sync but that didn't work so then I did a manual set up in the other account and while it's set up I still don't get any emails.

jamesc

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
We do use Microsoft Outlook at work but our email is also web-based (does that make sense). I have enabled all the "stuff" that people have talked about in previous post regarding emails but still nothing. My work emails used to come to my Eris quicker than they did to my computer, now with the X I don't receive them. I tried setting up my email under the corporate sync but that didn't work so then I did a manual set up in the other account and while it's set up I still don't get any emails.

It sounds like your email is POP/IMAP style. You would want to configure it under my accounts, "Email" setup icon, and then fill in the appropriate information there. Now once you set that up, open the email icon and click on menu, email settings, what is the fetch time set to? It might be set up as say "manual" or "once per day" or "on startup"

chicchica

May 14, 2010
Visit site
This is why I went into social sciences :) all kidding aside, I appreciate the help. I did all the above and it is set at data push. Do I need to have it at a different setting?

jamesc

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
This is why I went into social sciences :) all kidding aside, I appreciate the help. I did all the above and it is set at data push. Do I need to have it at a different setting?

Hahah, I went into Biochemistry and ended up working for a Tech Startup.

Data push should allow you to get the emails as you received them online. It does hurt the battery more than say a fetch every 5-30 mins. Try the fetch at 5 mins and see where that ends up. if it still doesn't work, then something else is wrong that I missed.

chicchica

May 14, 2010
Visit site
It's strange, everytime I change the "schedule" whether to fetch or data push then I get notified all the new emails. On my Eris I would get my work emails right away, so this annoying because of the nature of my job I spend the first hour driving around and it was so helpful getting my work emails so I had an idea of what my day was going to entail.
I have the notification bar enabled too...craziness, craziness! Again, thank you for all your help. I'm the least techie person I know so I'm almost 100% positive that I must be missing something.

jamesc

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
It's strange, everytime I change the "schedule" whether to fetch or data push then I get notified all the new emails. On my Eris I would get my work emails right away, so this annoying because of the nature of my job I spend the first hour driving around and it was so helpful getting my work emails so I had an idea of what my day was going to entail.
I have the notification bar enabled too...craziness, craziness! Again, thank you for all your help. I'm the least techie person I know so I'm almost 100% positive that I must be missing something.

If you want to see them first thing in the morning while you are driving, you can use the refresh button to get the ones that are there right now which will at least be a temp fix.

chicchica

May 14, 2010
Visit site
That's just it...I hit refresh constantly and nothing, nada! The ONLY time I get notification or shows any new emails is when I get the reboot or power-off. It's crazy...or maybe I'm the one that's Loca :)

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I understand if you don't want to do this, but my recommendation is to dump the built-in messaging app and use TouchDown instead. A lot less headache.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance