Need help with emailing on phone and outlookexpress

tmax1964

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I have a verizon.net email account. I have it set up through outlookexpress, thats how I retrieve me emails etc. If Im on computer at home reading mail then I delete it, Is there a way to have it deleted off the phone??

Also if I read my new email on phone and I delete it how on earth can it automatically be delted off outlook?

Prior to the X I had the dare, If I read new mail on computer and deleted it It would still appear on my phone as new, But If I read the new eamil off the phone and deleted it, when I went to computer it wasnt there.

How do I make this happen on the X????????????????

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
As far I know, Verizon doesn't support IMAP yet. Have you thought about switching to Gmail? It would make your entire email experience a lot better.

bucky716

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
You can add your verizon.net email acct to gmail and then just ditch Outlook Express. This way gmail will get the verizon.net email and show it in your gmail and gmail and your phone are synced. pop3 accounts are so old fashioned. lol

postal24060

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Here is Motorola's help site for the X that shows how to set up email. At the bottom of the page are working settings for different email providers. Verizon.net settings are listed.
Hope this helps.

tmax1964

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I will try it. have a gmail account just because I had to when I got this phone, I would rather keep my email without changing it so maybe I will try ditching outlook express, but I might wait till next update comes out as one of the fixes is suppose to do with email and outlook. thank you