Droid X Shipping on August 23!

jkeeley1

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
I ordered mine on 8/6 and every day I constantly check my inbox for an update, I've even called verizon a few times hoping for them to tell me it shipped. I can't believe that I am this anxious, this is making me seriously question my priorities in life.... if only I had a Droid X, I bet I could get an app to help me get my priorities in order.

UZOMA1051

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
i am in the same boat. i ordered mine on 8/9 and i havent gotten any info on shipping. i called verizon this morning and the rep told me that it should ship today or tomorrow and i should be expecting it on friday or monday. i was surprised because that doesnt sound right..but i guess i just have to wait and see

Jigmeister

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
I ordered mine on 8/6 and every day I constantly check my inbox for an update, I've even called verizon a few times hoping for them to tell me it shipped. I can't believe that I am this anxious, this is making me seriously question my priorities in life.... if only I had a Droid X, I bet I could get an app to help me get my priorities in order.

Now THAT'S funny! Ordered mine on the 6th as well....

Mahbles

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
i am in the same boat. i ordered mine on 8/9 and i havent gotten any info on shipping. i called verizon this morning and the rep told me that it should ship today or tomorrow and i should be expecting it on friday or monday. i was surprised because that doesnt sound right..but i guess i just have to wait and see

I'm really glad everyone is getting the DX faster and faster. Does anyone kno why the posted ship date would be so far in advance? Are they coming into one place and from there being distributed to Verizon warehouses and sorted by internet/phone orders and stores? Seems like their supply chain is a bit wonky if they can't tell you an exact date, right? Am I just expecting too much?

Mahbles

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I had some time so I gave Verizon the good 611 and asked for an update. The nice lady couldn't find any update on my particular order, and couldn't tell me if a DX had been slated to ship for me, and she said that my date of 8/23 was still in the system, but she also said that there wasn't a shortage on the phones, they were just trying to fulfill orders.

Jigmeister

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I just called too. Ordered on 8/6 with a "shipping by" date of 8/23. She said it shows by the 24th. No updates. She gave me my order number but said I'd get the email before that status would update. They don't deliver on Saturday so if you don't get an email today - you won't get your phone until at least Monday... So sad. :(

tommy m

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Are they giving them to new customers first? Would be kind of weird to have a new customer wait 3 weeks to get there line going. That could be what is causing the delay....

UnicyclistRobe

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site

That would be awesome because I ordered mine the same day. Even though I wouldn't get it till Monday at least I would know it is coming.

frh1

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
On Aug 4th, I called about the screen freezing up the Technical Service guy told me it was a known issue and would replace it with a new phone. He said the new one would ship on August 11th.

I called yesterday (the 10th), and Verizon's customer service confirmed it would ship today. I did not get an email by 8 pm, so I called customer service. After getting a bunch of crap from the customer service rep about the 19th, I asked to speak to a superviser. He explained the order has been fulfilled (whatever that means), but would not promise I would get it until the 19th.

Even if it ships tomorrow, I won't likely get it until Monday. I'm more than a little frustrated right now.

Mahbles

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
frh1, sorry to hear about your dilema. I would say you're worse off than us because you got the biggest tease of all! You got your phone, but then it crapped out on you and what a bummer.

I'd rather get a straight answer as to why their supply chain is so goofy.

That's like a girl telling you she'll snap your bean in a month, but you might get your bean snapped sooner, you just don't know when. If that's the case, then I have blue balls!

alan7467

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm curious if they're giving priority to new subscribers. I know Sprint does this on a regular basis with popular phones. Are some of the folks having problems getting theirs in a timely fasion upgrading?

UnicyclistRobe

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
I'm curious if they're giving priority to new subscribers. I know Sprint does this on a regular basis with popular phones. Are some of the folks having problems getting theirs in a timely fasion upgrading?

That somewhat makes sense. Giving priority to the people who just joined, but not necessarily to those who you know are going to stick around.
Maybe it is completely random and they have no idea what they are doing. :)

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Just got the call from my local VZW store... they got *one* DX in today, and since i'm first on their reservation list... it's mine! (Apparently that reserved list is now only 3 people deep, so they're almost caught up, inventory wise)

uvarules

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Just to help everyone out ( as you did for me)

X ordered on 8/5, Online, order confirmation at 6:56am on 8/5.
Shipping/tracking information received after midnight on 8/13.
Out for delivery today (8/13), so they shipped it "overnight".
Richmond, Virginia area....

Very excited! But a little nostalgic to see my Storm 1 go...we been through so many OS's together:))

DMandroid

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site

Very excited! But a little nostalgic to see my Storm 1 go...we been through so many OS's together:))

I ordered on 8/6 so hopefully my time is coming soon. . .

ggh514

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site

I too went from a Storm to an X. Once you use the X you will not be too sorry any longer. Had the Storm from the time it was first released.

Jigmeister

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site

Lucky You! Normally it would be Monday if you got the shipping info on Friday.
Still nothing for mine ordered on the 6th. It'll be a LONG weekend.

jkeeley1

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
I ordered on 8/6 so hopefully my time is coming soon. . .

same here. I suspect we should see shipment info either late today for a monday delivery or shipment info on monday for a tuesday delivery. it seems like the average is 5-6 business days after you place your order, you get shipment notification and then depending on where you live 1-2 days later you see your X.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2