Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 33
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Touch screen not responding is a known issue.

    I did an ESN change last night that resulted in a hard reset. This was my third hard reset in the 5 days. The first two were because the screen frequently stopped responding for 3 to 15 seconds.

    This time it started doing it after a fresh hard reset. I called Verizon and told the tech support guy it can't be related to anything I downloaded and installed because I haven't downloaded and installed anything yet.

    He told me they got an official notice about the problem around the first of the week. The problem with the screen locking up was traced to batches of defective phones sent to Verizon by Motorola.

    The tech guy assured me Motorola fixed the problem and the replacement phone they will send me on Friday will not have the screen problem.
  2. #2  

    Default

    Good to know!
  3. #3  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by frh1 View Post
    I did an ESN change last night that resulted in a hard reset. This was my third hard reset in the 5 days. The first two were because the screen frequently stopped responding for 3 to 15 seconds.

    This time it started doing it after a fresh hard reset. I called Verizon and told the tech support guy it can't be related to anything I downloaded and installed because I haven't downloaded and installed anything yet.

    He told me they got an official notice about the problem around the first of the week. The problem with the screen locking up was traced to batches of defective phones sent to Verizon by Motorola.

    The tech guy assured me Motorola fixed the problem and the replacement phone they will send me on Friday will not have the screen problem.
    Can you tell us about when you received your phone, would give many of us an idea of if ours are suspect as well.
    PAST:

    LG ENV, BB Storm I

    NOW

    Droid "X"
  4. #4  
    lemcoe9's Avatar

    Posts
    176 Posts
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts

    Default

    Thanks for the info.

    This is yet another reason for me to complain and get a replacement.
    Free Verizon phone > Moto Q9c > Blackberry 8830 > Blackberry Tour 9630 > Blackberry Bold 9650 > DROID X!
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Touch screen not responding is a known issue.

    My replacement phone is doing great so far and I have a lot of apps on it. My original was ordered online release day if that helps anyone.

    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    My phone is....Incredible!
  6. #6  
    bucky716's Avatar

    Posts
    78 Posts
    Global Posts
    272 Global Posts

    Default

    "Touch screen not responding" is a known issue with EVERY electronic device that has a touch screen. I doubt there's ever been a 100% perfect product line of touch screen devices.
  7. #7  

    Default

    No. Hasn't been an issue on any of the 4 iPhone models released so far.
  8. #8  
    Dural's Avatar

    Posts
    335 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snookie View Post
    No. Hasn't been an issue on any of the 4 iPhone models released so far.
    Really? Stop trolling. From the first page of google search for the iPhone4 (not even the previous three iterations)...






    Every single electronic device has units with issues and there will always be duds. Only iSycophants pretend their latest devices is "perfect".
    Last edited by Dural; 08-06-2010 at 01:16 PM.
  9. #9  
    tucker973's Avatar

    Posts
    62 Posts
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dural View Post
    Every single electronic device has units with issues and there will always be duds. Only iSycophants pretend their latest devices is "perfect".
    Also, from what I understand, the Droid X can actually make phone calls when you hold it
  10. #10  
    alan7467's Avatar

    Posts
    98 Posts
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tucker973 View Post
    Also, from what I understand, the Droid X can actually make phone calls when you hold it
    Baazing! :P
  11. #11  

    Default

    Does this unresponsive screen happen a lot. It seems like every third time I awake the phone the screen is half responsive. Sucks!
  12. #12  

    Default

    So if I'm having this same problem (touch screen becomes unresponsive and to fix it I have to lock the phone and unlock it) should I call Verizon and ask for a replacement?
  13. #13  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by m2thedeep View Post
    So if I'm having this same problem (touch screen becomes unresponsive and to fix it I have to lock the phone and unlock it) should I call Verizon and ask for a replacement?
    This is the same issue I have. If it becomes responsive, I simple push the power button to lock it, and turn it back on to unlock it an it's fine. Since the screen immediately becomes responsive after, that doesn't sound like a defective piece of hardware to me at all, that sounds like a software issue to me.
  14. #14  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matrix_Prime View Post
    This is the same issue I have. If it becomes responsive, I simple push the power button to lock it, and turn it back on to unlock it an it's fine. Since the screen immediately becomes responsive after, that doesn't sound like a defective piece of hardware to me at all, that sounds like a software issue to me.
    You're right, that's what I also thought at first. However if this is the case then shouldn't everyone using a Droid X be experiencing the same issue? Unless this problem is coming from a market app like LauncherPro or something.
  15. #15  
    Luet's Avatar

    Posts
    3 Posts

    Default

    I experience the issue once in a while, if it becomes too frequent I reboot and that fixes it for a while. "feels like" a memory leek type issue
  16. #16  

    Default

    Hey guys, I wanted to give an update on my Droid X screen issue. My screen got worse and worse and I hated having to keep locking and unlocking the screen. Finally, I got so sick of it that I called Verizon for a replacement. I got my replacement Monday and so far it has worked perfectly. On my prior DX, I noticed the screen issue on the first day, however it's been 3 days so far with this new phone and everything is flawless. So for those of you who have this problem I'd suggest calling Verizon for a replacement.
  17. #17  

    Default

    Mine started doing this a few days ago. Once in a while, when I unlock it, the screen will freeze for 10-15 seconds, then it'll go black and reload the screen. After that it works fine. If it keeps happening I guess I'll be making the call as well.

    Was the replacement a brand new phone?

    BTW, I got my phone about 6 days after launch.
  18. #18  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Super Turtleman View Post
    Mine started doing this a few days ago. Once in a while, when I unlock it, the screen will freeze for 10-15 seconds, then it'll go black and reload the screen. After that it works fine. If it keeps happening I guess I'll be making the call as well.

    Was the replacement a brand new phone?

    BTW, I got my phone about 6 days after launch.
    The replacement was indeed a brand new phone. I ordered my DX a week after the launch and didn't get it until August 2nd. I have a feeling the first batch of phones had a lot of problems and there's no reason to not get a replacement for an incomplete phone.
  19. #19  

    Default

    I'll check into it. I'll have to figure out how to backup my phone so I don't have to install all the apps, pics, numbers, etc. all over again.
  20. #20  
    willymakit's Avatar

    Posts
    763 Posts
    Global Posts
    934 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by m2thedeep View Post
    The replacement was indeed a brand new phone. I ordered my DX a week after the launch and didn't get it until August 2nd. I have a feeling the first batch of phones had a lot of problems and there's no reason to not get a replacement for an incomplete phone.
    Launch Day here no problems yet,except I can't put it down.LOL
  21. #21  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Willymakit 75 View Post
    Launch Day here no problems yet,except I can't put it down.LOL
    Same here
  22. #22  

    Default

    Hmm. I have a launch day phone. I occasionally have issues where i hit a button on the on screen keyboard and it doesn't register it. it shows the button being pressed but doesn't show up on the text entry. it only happens when i am typing rapidly. I was initially thinking it was the multitouch keyboard software that came with the X. I'm wondering if this might be a touch screen related issue.
  23. #23  
    Arelunde's Avatar
    TECHFAN

    Posts
    1,338 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,627 Global Posts

    Default

    I notice my DX screen will temporarily cease to respond if something else is operating behind the scenes...

    For example, I have LP+ with the Contacts "shade" on my home screen where there are 12 Favorites with photos. Sometimes, if the DX has been idle, these contacts are reloaded when I activate things. THAT will freeze the screen until the load is finished.

    Just a thought.
    Always learning ...
  24. #24  

    Default

    To make sure it wasn't any of my market apps I did a factory reset and used the phone in it's stock state to see if the screen kept freezing. You might want to try that if you think you have a bad screen.
  25. #25  
    purwater's Avatar

    Posts
    47 Posts
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts

    Default

    I had a launch day phone as well. After about 25 days and 3 factory resets I went by my local store and had them order me a brand new replacement. It arrived Monday and so far no screen lockups. Mine was doing it all the time even with no apps installed other than the default ones on the phone. It was especially bad when trying to text and the keyboard would just stop working. I was getting frustrated, but the replacement is working well. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
    Moto X
    iPhone 5S
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

B