DX Slow Performance

CarbonOak

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
So I've been reading around the forums since the X came out. I've had the X since launch day without any problems. My other friend who got one last week also has had zero problems.

My third friend, on the other hand, has had issues. He's on his second X, which is better than the first, but still has average battery performance and sluggish/lag. I know there are myriads of threads about low or average battery performance, but my question is regarding slow performance, such as slight sluggishness when moving from homescreen to homescreen and the app drawer.

He uses the stock UI and barely has any widgets running, as well as few apps. Like I said, this is his second X after he exchanged his first for even worse problems.

He's seriously considering jumping to the iphone 4, which if he does, that's his choice, but the X offers so much more if he's willing to stick around.

Does anybody have any ideas or suggestions? Could a factory reset help at all?

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I totally agree with the factory reset advice. I went through the same thing myself. Except for Gmail, I skipped all the steps it walks you through to set up accounts and did that manually. I'm not sure if that helped or not, but I haven't had any issues since.

Lovecore

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Factory reset for sure. I was having similar issues. Factory reset cleared it right up

As everyone here has said, this usually solves most things like that. Heres how to do it:

1. Turn the phone off.

2. Hold the Power and Home buttons down for about 5 seconds.

3. A screen with an exclamation will appear. Tap the Search key.

4. Confirm the selection.

5. Select Yes ? delete all user data then tap OK.

CarbonOak

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
I thought factory reset is through Privacy Settings --> Factory Data Reset.

What is the method that Lovecore described?

And which of the two does hemiguy's link about factory reset lead to?

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87