People experiencing bad battey life...do you live in a hot area?

CavemanOOGA

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Forgive me if this is common knowledge, but im finding that my Droid X seriously degrades battery life like no ones business when im out in the sun for long periods of time.

For example, i went to pick up my paycheck today, i left my house with 90% battery left. About an hour and a half into my into my town ventures, i noticed my battery indicator had dropped another chunk off itself. That was with only sending the occasional text and checking some stuff on Amazon. Thirty minutes later i arrive home and plug my phone in only to find that my battery had dropped to 50%.

In the 2 hours that i ventured through town, my battery had dropped a good 40%. I have never experienced that kind of battery drop in semi cool rooms. Even with heavy use. But, when im in southern Californias glorious 98 degree weather for a good while, things go crazy.

Any thoughts on this?

CavemanOOGA

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Besides 2 places i went to, it was pretty darn good. Gamestop and Target was hit and miss. I wasn't in those places for too long though. A majority of my time was spent driving.

anon(40252)

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I am in Austin TX. It is damn hot (101 right now)... but I have not noticed this ... in all honesty I have not paid close attention either. I will see what happens this weekend.

noni

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm in Miami and I am having battery issues. However, I spend my workday in an office that's so cold I have to wear a jacket sometimes.I go outside for smoke breaks to thaw out every other hour so it's a but of both extremes.Could such an extreme fluctuation be causing this?

Dirrk

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm in Miami and I am having battery issues. However, I spend my workday in an office that's so cold I have to wear a jacket sometimes.I go outside for smoke breaks to thaw out every other hour so it's a but of both extremes.Could such an extreme fluctuation be causing this?

I really really doubt it, you are talking about 30 degree changes, although that may be significant it will not mess up your phone. However more extreme differences can cause condensation, but I do not think that this is the case

CavemanOOGA

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site

I doubt that, in my case i was driving my Miata with the top down and my phone in my pocket.

But just stepping outside for a quick minute probably wont do that, unless your pants absorb heat like no ones business. Lol.

powermanaf

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Get JuiceDefender. Add the 'Toggle mobile data' widget to one of your pages. If you know you won't need 3G for awhile, turn it all the way off. If you want it on when your screen isn't asleep (i.e. you are using the web or something), turn it 'ON juicedefender'.

This app is worth it's weight in gold. I went from about half of a day to almost two days with light web use and snapping about 10 photographs.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781