1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How many other maniacs like to keep their X

Naked? I love the style and sleekness of this phone and how it feels. Cases ruin that for me.

I know I'm crazy and just asking for trouble but who's with me?

im with you

I like to be naked... oh i mean i like my phone to not have a case.

I even took my screen protector off because it made the touch screen feel go away.

Now my phone is super bright, super sleek, and feels amazing.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,164 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodeName Android 1.5.5

i am one said maniac. i am going nuts trying to find a neoprene/microfiber pouch for this phone. thats all i want, dammit!

I am typing on my X naked as we speak! LoL...just waiting on my holster to ship, but no case for me

I kept my phone in a silicone case, in a holster with a VZW anti-glare screen protector since day one. Just a few days ago I took off the screen protector and I gotta say, the screen is gorgeous. However I LOVE the way the protector felt gliding my finger across it. It was very smooth and nice. Without it it feels like if my skin is even the slightest hint of wet from humidity in the air, it gets an annoying sticky feeling, like my skin gets stuck to the screen. Very annoying. Another thing I dislike is my bloody screen got a small <1mm long scratch, extremely shallow so you can't feel it with your finger nail, but if you are out in the sunlight you WILL see it.

So I purchased a gallon of this 3M glass/paint scratch filler. Someone on this other forum said it did wonders on his Droid when he had a few scratches like mine. Gonna give it a try and post back.

Back on topic... I love the way the phone feels without a case. It has a certain texture that is grippy yet smooth to the touch. You can also feel just how thin and light this device is when its case is off. Its just a shame that while I know my screen is pretty much safe for the most part, the plastic can and will certainly get scratches/dents (I've already seen a few scratches on my silicone case that had it not been there, my phone would be permanently stuck with right now) so even though it feels amazing naked, I'll keep a case on. I might even get an Invisible Shield after I get this scratch remover liquid.
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on Verizon
    Cyanogen Mod 10.1 Nightlies
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,258 Global Posts

Naked with a Steinheil Crystal Clear Screen Protector.

Oakley Microfiber Sunglass Bag for pocketing.

Verizon Leather Holster for holstering.
    BlackBerry 8330 --> BlackBerry Storm1 --> Motorola Droid --> HTC Droid Incredible & Motorola Droid X & Motorola Xoom
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by Delta_Sigma_Pi View Post
    I am typing on my X naked as we speak! LoL...just waiting on my holster to ship, but no case for me
    I don't even wanna know where your going to clip that holster too... Lol

Quote Originally Posted by rjdangerous View Post
    Wow, pretty clever there buddy.

Global Posts
    173 Global Posts

Default Re: How many other maniacs like to keep their X

I keep mine in the silicone skin during my daily travels, and when I come home I let it all hang out! I agree about the hand feel of this phone without a case, it's great. I love the camera hump. I also agree with the previous poster about the feel of that vzw anti glare screen, it's got that nice grainy feel. I've got a skinomi for it but have not gotten myself to switch out yet.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rjdangerous View Post
    hahahaha, thanks for that, i wasn't thinking about "im typing on my X naked" literly haha

WOW...alot of Bareback X users here...be careful you guys dont pick up any germs while going bareback without any case.........Mom always warned about using protection..

Global Posts
    431 Global Posts

I have never used a case for any of my devices, starting with Treo to BlackBerry and now Driod X. Something about going all natural. I cant deal with extra bolk that cases produce.

Global Posts
    934 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

Running around naked,except at work they hate when I come there naked.........LOL

But true naked everywhere but work I keep it in the VZW cover with holder.

who knows if that rocket fish snap on case is any good for the X? i was thinking about buying it...
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

Totally naked. I wouldn't mind a pouch though from Sena. That's not really my definition of covering it up though. A pouch is just a place to put it when not in use.

Stark, raving, naked! And, I use my X without a case.

I do need a pouch for when I don't have any empty pockets. No putting the X in a pocket with anything sratchy in it.
    Jeff

"Assiduus usus uni rei deditus et ingenium et artem saepe vincit" - Cicero
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

Definitely keep it away from the beach. A spec of sand gets on the screen gets rubbed around and you'll have some scratch marks for sure.

I've never had any of my phones with covers or protective screens. I do a good job taking care of things I buy, especially when they're over $100. Knock on wood, not saying that something won't happen with this, but I take good care of it. In contrast, I have friends who pay the extra monthly insurance cost because they frequently mess up their phones. Peace of mind, I guess.

The X is well-designed enough that I love the look of it naked.

Global Posts
    407 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP, Stock

Naked X here too, it's too sexy to hide! I would also like a pouch and was thinking about that one featured here a few days ago.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Androidoholic

ROM
    AOKP JB 4.1 Franco rr230

Yep never had or will have a case. But just a screen protector

Sent from DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Galaxy Nexus

Nokia 920

Moto X