i badly need to improve battery life

botero

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
I installed juice defender and upgraded it with ultimate juice. I thought the default settings were a little restrictive. I set data to be enabled all the time, favoring wifi, but off from 11:30PM-6:30AM. Set the cpu to be able to scale down to 300mhz when the screen is off, disable data below 10% battery life. I didn't really think anything of it until i looked at it today a little before noon. I had 40% battery showing and had been off the charger for over 20 hours. Now I know people will think that I don't actually do anything on my phone, but I am constantly streaming pandora, browsing, tinkering, email/gchat/tweeting etc.

Basically, Ultimate Juice worked for me. Given I was getting close to a full day before, but now, easily over 24 hours. Watch out for default settings though. I'm a firm believer that if you have a phone like this, data should be on otherwise what's the point...

wabyrd

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
My dx turned off and I plugged it in until the battery symbol said 5% and was able to turn the phone back on...

I've killed mine down to 0 a few times and it always makes me wait until 20%. It'll show the Moto logo and then the empty battery screen sloshing around and then go blank. Will keep trying to turn on, but each time it shows the batt screen with 0, 5, 10, 15%. If I'm patient, it'll eventually turn itself on, but when it does, it shows a charge of 20%. Is there a setting to change this?

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Battery saver mode really helps a lot. Almost think it does more than just turn off the radio. Also I got a widget that controls brightness and it has an auto setting. Running 0% brightness and in battery saver mode gets me through the entire day from 6 am to 7 pm only using 30% battery.

jpr196

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
For people having battery issues, how is your 3g signal strength in general?

I think a weak 3g signal has been one of my greatest battery killers. When I'm at work I notice my battery drains noticeably faster when my signal strength sits at around -96 dbm. When I'm at home my signal strength is much stronger at -48 dbm and my battery last much longer.

Just something I noticed.

Flawson

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Juice defender update #2:
Okay, I've been using it for six days now, and I have to say, it's definitely helping.
It says it has improved battery life x1.55, I would say it's maybe not quite THAT significant; I was getting 10-11 hours, now I get 13-14 hours...but still, it's totally worth it for a fee app. I'm probably going to spring for the paid version so I can tweak it a little more and try to get another hour out of it. If I can make it to 16 hours, it will be comparable to my bb in the last days of using it where I was trying to load it down with too much stuff (which means twitter and fb and just a couple of background utility-type apps, ha). Bottom line, it definitely does enough to justify having it run.
Jbird82-
As far as the 3g radio goes, I do drive around the city all day for my job, so I'm sure I drain the battery more than some folk based on the fact that I use data in places a lot of times where the signal is really struggling...if I was in a spot where I got -91 all day, I wonder how much better it would be

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Battery Saver Mode.... Use it. Next step is to lower brightness off Auto. If you want one step more then get the extended battery. I am on the current settings, auto brightness and extended battery: 1d 4h 5m 18s since unplugged, 70% battery remaining.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Battery Saver Mode.... Use it. Next step is to lower brightness off Auto. If you want one step more then get the extended battery. I am on the current settings, auto brightness and extended battery: 1d 4h 5m 18s since unplugged, 70% battery remaining.

Those are some nice numbers! I might have to pop for that extended battery.

AtariFX

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Yea, I went and bought a new battery just to try - works 100% better than the original one. Turns out I just got a ****ty battery.