I am about to see the light...

slater

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
So I just joined android central so I could participate since my droid x will be coming soon. I ordered it over the phone last week after talking the verizon rep into giving me free next-day shipping by 3:00pm and a very cheap hdmi cable.

I have so many questions that I am digging away in these forums for before the phone even gets here! I have found so many answers as well. I still am unsure if I will be getting a case for it, or a screen protector, but I can always purchase those at a later date.

I am glad that I can actually participate in this community now that I will be getting an android phone. I've waited a long time to talk a verizon rep into allowing me to upgrade early from my Storm 9530. Hopefully my phone will come in soon.

In the mean time I think I may just go over to the mall and while my girl is shopping maybe I will use the droidx on display to find some good apps.

I'm back to searching through the forums for more answers! Have a good day!

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the introduction and congratulations on your Droid X! It seems like just yesterday I was in the place of excitement as you are :)

willymakit

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Welcome..............This is the place to be ,there are very wise ,friendly people to help you here. When the X comes you will never look back to BB.

Helstar

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to the board. I got my X the day they came out. I was very very excited. But, kind of let down. The phone is great and I am glad I switched. My only advice is do not activate the phone then head to work. Do it after work and just sit there and try to do everything that you did on your BB. Reason I say that is you will need to download a ton of stuff to get the X ti do everything the BB was doing if you used the BB alot.
I love my X and I am almost a full Android convert. But, I will admit I have started carrying both my X and my Berry and my Nextel (Nextel is because I have to for work). I am hoping to I will get the X to where my berry is. I may be using my X wrong. I have noticed that for everything there is extra steps. The Berry is much easier to use.
I hope I did not bum you out. I just wanted to put my two cents in. Because everyone kept telling me that I was going to this "God like experience" with the X in hand. Well, it never happened. In fact the first week I hated the phone more then any other phone I have owned (and I have been carring cell for over 20 years). The X is cool, I am ordering a few books to help get the device where I need it to be. I will get it there. I am sure I am just using it wrong. But, just don't try to compare it to your Berry cause it is not a berry.
Good luck and I hope you enjoy the device. I know my kids play with mine all the time they love the device. :D

jdbower

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar