Problem with red eye in pics, anyone else having this problem??

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Everytime i take a picture with my droid x camera the people in the picture come out with red eye. Is this just a problem the camera has, or is there a way of fixing this?? Any help with this would be appreciated. Thanks in advanced.

jdbower

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
There are three solutions:

1. Don't use a flash. The issue is that when a flash is close to the lens the light reflects right back, unless you've got a pro camera with an external flash redeye is a problem.

2. Have your friends remove and/or close their eyes when you take a picture. This is often difficult at first, but once you pin them to the ground you'd be amazed at how well a spoon works. Typically this isn't the preferred solution, but some people just deserve it. :)

3. Many compact cameras that don't have redeye problems solve it through software (there's also some preflash techniques, but those are hard to do with an LED). Which camera application are you running? Have you experimented with any of the others in the market? Have you explored the settings for redeye reduction?

doctorlove316

Retired Moderator
Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

1. Don't use a flash. The issue is that when a flash is close to the lens the light reflects right back, unless you've got a pro camera with an external flash redeye is a problem.

2. Have your friends remove and/or close their eyes when you take a picture. This is often difficult at first, but once you pin them to the ground you'd be amazed at how well a spoon works. Typically this isn't the preferred solution, but some people just deserve it. :)

3. Many compact cameras that don't have redeye problems solve it through software (there's also some preflash techniques, but those are hard to do with an LED). Which camera application are you running? Have you experimented with any of the others in the market? Have you explored the settings for redeye reduction?

Option #2 FTW?!?! YESS!!!!!

friguy3#AC

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Its the flash being reflected back through the eye (cats have terrible red eye because they intentionality reflect light back so they get more light in their eyes to see better at night) so if you turn off the flash, no red eye. the other thing is if you arent looking directly at the camera or you can get it off centered you can reduce it but its just a bad effect that, like jdbower said, its very difficult to work around with these led flashes.

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site

No where would i find the red eye reduction settings??

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
I am nowusing the pic say app to remove the red eye, works like a charm. Just sucks the droid doesnt bring it built in and if it does i couldnt find it for the life of me.

Davetheriot

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I have the same problem. Every. Single. Picture has red eye. The camera has such a good quality, but if you use the flash on people, it seems you are screwed. It doesn't matter what the lighting, distance, zoom, nada. anyone have any real suggestions?

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately, the DX doesn't have any red eye prevention built-in, so they are pretty unavoidable if you are using flash.

I usually share such pictures with red eye to Picasa, which has the worlds best auto red eye removal tool. Of course that means using your PC to process the red eye removal.

If there are any Android apps that can do the job in the DX, I haven't found them yet.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair