disappointed in DX so far

peppermintpea

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I am really frustrated and disappointed in the DX...i bought mine on release day and it has restarted on its own 4 times and 2 days had no data connection. Went to Verizon..they did a battery pull and a hard reset of the phone...still had a restart after that.
Verizon is going to send me a brand new phone but at this time I am really leary of this phone.

Anyone else have similar issues????

BTW..Verizon's CS was top notch!

.46caliber

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Yep, it's a known issue. My wife's did the same thing. They're sending her a new one.

There were a few batches of bad ones.

That's one of the pitfalls of purchasing a brand new phone on launch day.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I have not had any issues with mine yet ,maybe you just got a lemon it happens sometimes ;) hopefully your new phone restores your confidence in it once again Good Luck

sleeping giant

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
i guess just like 46cal said, its just one of the curses that comes with purchasing on release date. i for one do not have any problems with my phone so far besides the purchasing on the market, which was a d'oh on my behalf.

you're not the only one who has had problems with their phones that were purchased on release date. many iphone4 users share your pain till this day ^_^

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
I deleted my task killer a week ago and now have no freezing or rebooting. Someone said that could cause a problem. I was hitting the kill button every time it was in my hand.

Sent from my Rooted DROIDX using Tapatalk

.46caliber

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I bought 3 on launch day. Mine has been fine, so has my brother's. My wife got a bad one that has frozen and re-booted on her several times. Many people on this forum have had similar problems.

We went into the store on Saturday. Our sales rep knew about the problem and started the replacement order before I could even finish describing what the phone was doing.

It is a known problem for a batch/batches of early phones. They have corrected it so that when you return your DX that is locking and re-booting, you will get one that doesn't.

No need to be leary of the Droid X. It's a phenomenal phone. Each new device has problems like this when they first come out. EVO had an update the day of launch and OTA updates bricked some of them. DX users have had problems. We all knew about the iPhone 4 issues long before Uncle Steve pulled his head out of the sand.

It happens. When the new one arrives, your faith in the device should be restored.

geekpimpfx

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I've had mine since launch and it's been running like a dream mostly. Like most smart phones there are hiccups here and there, but nothing that a reboot hasn't solved. it's leagues above my BB Tour, where it froze constantly which required battery pulls and then took 10-15 minutes to boot. This thing boots MUCH faster

Oj467

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I bought 2 on launch day also - mine has been ok - my wife's has already been replaced due to freezing on boot up each morning. New one is working fine so far *fingers crossed*.

One of the pitfalls of being an early-adopter of new technology.

CarbonOak

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
My friend had issues with terrible battery life (literally 3-4 hours per charge), sluggish performance everywhere, and frequent lockups and reboots. He got a replacement, which is much better, though I think the first phone scarred him as he's considering jumping to the iPhone.

ylimehajile

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm right there with ya. FED EX is delivering my 3rd DX today. The first one had lockup/reboot issues and the bouncing signal issues. The second one (current one) has the sporadic external speaker issues. I'm hoping 3rd times the charm. I'm wondering if the replacements they send are just repackaged phones that someone else returned. I say this because my second box looked bent up and the packaging was very wrinkled. If I'm just inheriting someone else's troubles that is going to tick me off. I've got 8 days left before I can cancel my purchase. I love the functionality of this phone but the quality assurrance is a joke.

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Mine had the same issues at first, but then I rooted it, ditched a bunch of the bloatware, and then minimized my use of task killers, and it's been running a lot better.

Magic Rat#WN

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
i have had mine lock up once in a while but i usually attribute it to a flaky wallpaper app. how often is it locking up for you guys who are having trouble? is it random?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

jamesc

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
I think we should all be thankful this is not like when BB launched the storm and we had to look for an update everyday to fix simple things...