Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default DroidX no longer sending emails

It seems that all of a sudden, my X will no longer send out emails. They all bounce back with an "authentication error sending" message.

They worked when I first got the phone, but as of roughly 8/5 it stopped sending. I'm using GoDaddy's smtp.secureserver.net mail server.

Anyone have a clue as to what's going on?

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by voiceonly View Post
    It seems that all of a sudden, my X will no longer send out emails. They all bounce back with an "authentication error sending" message.

They worked when I first got the phone, but as of roughly 8/5 it stopped sending. I'm using GoDaddy's smtp.secureserver.net mail server.

Bob
    Have you contacted GoDaddy, maybe they did some security updates of their server and require server information updating, I ran into that with Time Warner years ago.. Who knows you may be experiencing same issue.

Quote Originally Posted by voiceonly View Post

Bob
    I was getting that when I set up my popserver email too , just on outgoing emails. I could receive incoming emails just fine .I had an error in my settings intead of typed "smtp-server.carolina.rr.com",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I had it typed "smpt-server.carolina.rr.com".

When I fixed it it worked .
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Found out that GD servers must've changed names at some point, as I thought I pulled the same info from the phone I upgraded from (Droid).. they are now smtpout.xxxxxx.com and not just plain smtp.

Thanks for the suggestions/help!