Good news about low speaker volume
09-23-2010 08:43 AM
- Check out the link for the motorola owners forum I just got the email notification.
Read the end of the forum for a post by a member named matt that works for moto. Says they plan to fix it in a future update. Question is the next update with froyo or later?
Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk08-09-2010 01:54 PM
- Yeah me too. This was my #1 and only real issue I have had with the phone. It was also the only one I was unsure that could be fixed with an update. All other gripes are software related and just require the UI to be a little more polished. This is good to hear and I can live with it and have relief knowing there is a fix and that it is coming.08-09-2010 03:01 PM
- It's too late. I love this phone, but this issue along with others such as the User Interface and size caused me to make use of the 30-day worry free guarantee and order the Droid Incredible. I truly am going to miss the whopping 4.3 inches of screen real estate though. I'll miss you Droid X forum. I'll be checking in every once in a while though.08-09-2010 03:03 PM
- It's too late. I love this phone, but this issue along with others such as the User Interface and size caused me to make use of the 30-day worry free guarantee and order the Droid Incredible. I truly am going to miss the whopping 4.3 inches of screen real estate though. I'll miss you Droid X forum. I'll be checking in every once in a while though.
Look at this volume problem along with others that they acknowledge and say they are looking into fixing. It is really great to see good support for such an awesome phone and I really think moto will come through. Just check out the owners forums from the first post and browse around.
Nobody is perfect and even though HTC got it right with the highly polished Sense it still just wasn't for me. I respect Moto for acknowledging it is perfect and looking into the known issues. Now we will see what happens if and when we get our update but the acknowledgement is good enough for me right now for a piece of mind. We have a brand new phone running brand new UI. Sense wasn't perfect early on either and what we have is still better than the Old Blur. So even though its not stock like most wanted they have been listening and gave us a little cross between i am guessing to try something different and do their own thing.08-09-2010 03:16 PM
- Motorola, “MOTOBLUR will not be our focus going forward” – Android and Me
Maybe 3.0 will have us X users running stock? Imagine the X with louder volume and stock android. I am sure that would make a lot of dreams come true.08-09-2010 03:34 PM
- 08-09-2010 04:14 PM
I do appreciate corporations acknowledging mistakes and addressing the issues. Unlike *ahem* others...08-09-2010 04:15 PM
- Those are all great points, CBCstillmatic. I am interested to see what comes of the UI in future iterations. At this point of time, for me personally, Sense is more appealing.
I do appreciate corporations acknowledging mistakes and addressing the issues. Unlike *ahem* others...
Other than the social networking and some widgets this really doesn't stray to far from what I have seen on the droid. It is not a complete cover like Sense so I think they tried to meet somewhere in between. I am ok with that if they polish it up and give what is asked for. I also wouldn't mind the true stock version either but if they were smart they would implement the blur features but allow them to be uninstallable. This way you can delete them and get the stock feel or keep them if you like them. This way they can throw out their feel and ideas but keep the openness by not forcing them on you.
And I have no issue with the ear speaker at all mine sounds great actually so maybe it was a bad batch thing.
I just love having a new phone with new software that is made by a company that is showing interest in the community and support for their device. Makes me excited for the future of this phone.08-09-2010 04:46 PM
I am new to android and the X is my first. I love my phone and I am not looking back to the world of Blackberry I left. This is where I come first for all my info and these forums have provided invaluable information for me. This is definitely my favorite android site and the only reason I know of any other android sites is if they were mentioned in the blogs here08-09-2010 04:51 PM
- 08-09-2010 05:44 PM
- so will this fix the alarm timer sound, Mine has very faint sound at the loudest, alot of people I know with the droid x has the same problme but the other sounds seem to work fine, Guy at verizon store said it was a software issue. I hope this fixes it, DOes anyone else have the probem with sound on the stock alarm clock/timer????08-09-2010 06:54 PM
- I posted on that forum asking if ringing volume and etc was included or if it was just notifications he was referring to but I would assume he meant volume in general because he said it was due to our feedback. All forum posts on all android sites, verizon's forum, and even motorola's forum about the issue all stated its the volume in general not one complained of just notifications. I think matt just worded it wrong and just tried to make a general reply but we won't know for sure until he replies to the thread.
Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk08-09-2010 07:32 PM
- Plus the thread is titled
DROID-X Call, Speakerphone, Headphones, Music Volume and Vibrate Mode
So I really think he was trying to generalize all into one thus "notifications" otherwise how can you not be more specific if he indeed did mean just notifications? If you read the entire thread it covers all issues with the speaker phone and volume of said speaker. So knowing this, and he does because he has posted in it a few times, I would think he would have replied "hey they are gonna fix the notifications but they think the ringer and media volume is fine."08-09-2010 08:57 PM
- Motorola Android Phones
- More Motorola Phones
- Verizon Droid X Forums
- Motorola Droid X
Good news about low speaker volume
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD