Motorola Providing Free Touchdown Licenses for Those Having Issues

elee1002#IM

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
From Matt in the Motorola forums: -I requested my license this morning, and I have proper push exchange email.

First, I want to thank everyone for their help and patience as we worked though this. Much appreciated.

Some Droid X users are experiencing an issue using Exchange 2003 email. Though the email is arriving on the Droid X, no notifications are appearing. A fix for this will be included in the upgrade to Android 2.2 scheduled for deployment by early September.

In the interim, many owners have reported success using Touchdown from NitroDesk, Inc. to manage Exchange email. Touchdown appears to provide email notifications.

Motorola does not support Touchdown in its call centers or guarantee Touchdown. However, we are working with Touchdown to provide Droid X owners Touchdown licenses (supplies permitting) that can be used to get Exchange 2003 email and notifications on the DroidX.

To request a Touchdown license from Motorola, please send an e-mail to level3@mailwc.custhelp.com, and include the following information.

Your email address
Your name (for validation purposes)
Your Droid X cell number (for validation purposes)
Your Droid X DEC and HEX MEID numbers ? dial *#06# to find them.
Please indicate what your issue is ? for example: ?I don?t get notifications when my Exchange email arrives.?

Once these items have been verified, a Touchdown license will be sent to you at the email address you provide. (Supplies permitting.) Our goal is to respond within 24 hours. I?m sorry, but refunds are not available for owners who have already purchased Touchdown.

We?re setting up another Droid X community thread here, to find help with Touchdown from other Droid X users.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
This deservers it's own thread. Copying post into new thread. Original post by Moto Matt is here.

Edit: If you're not having issues, please don't take advantage of this offer mkay... /offmoralsoapbox

ottscay

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I have no need of exchange in my current position, but I think it's fantastic that they are doing this.

Now if they'd just fix HDMI so it'll output movies I've paid for and own, and fix the GPS bug so I don't have to keep toggling a widget to get good battery life (and OTA a certain frozen yogurt update) I'd love everything about this phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch