Let Moto know how we really feel about Blur...

jthacker

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I ran across this thread over on the "Official Motorola" unofficial support forum (Per the forum admin, Matt, it is apparently intended to be user to user support, not Motorola to user support)...just a simple online petition to let Moto know how we feel about Blur. In the [unlikely] scenario that you love Blur and don't want the option to remove it, please feel free to create your own an online petition...I just happen to dislike the drawbacks of Blur more than I like the benefits, so I promote my viewpoint.

https://supportforums.motorola.com/thread/34336?tstart=0

It only has 95 posts now, but I know there are more people than that who would prefer a Blur-less android experience (or at minimum the option for it). It's no coincidence that *nearly* every problem we're having with the X seem to stem from Blur UI implementations. And to be honest, it's not that I don't like some of the things Blur does, I just hate that we don't have the choice when things go wrong, i.e. the SMS lag, general UI lag (especially when unlocking), lack of the Android quick contact menu, inability to fully delete contacts history, etc. that are all seemingly related to the Blur experience.

Sorry if this is redundant...feel free to ignore the post as you see fit. Mods feel free to move, close, etc as needed.

Alan B

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
This petition over at the Moto Corporate Forum is growing. Think it isn't possible to achieve our goal? Vodaphone (AKA Verizon UK) just backed down on pre-installed apps because of customer complaints. But they have to hear your voice!

If you want to see change, PLEASE register and post "AGREE" in the petition. It only takes a minute or so.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
I'm happy with my philblur. What is the big deal? Its not like the X is all blur. Just a portion

itguy09

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I don't get it. The "Google Experience" is somewhat clunky and I'm not sure I'd want that on my phone. I do like the way the DX works and not sure I'd want a Google experience phone.

What I would like is the ability to delete the crapware.

anon(40252)

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I like parts of blur but would still much prefer a stock experience and perhaps make blur a launcher choice if they really want to pursue that route. I do like some of the widgets but again those can be installed with the stock experience.

I like launcher pro as well but find it to be buggy sometimes.

Either way .. signed!

cambone890

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
just saw this in the moto forums

Matt (Forums Manager)
2,642 posts since
May 2, 2006
DROIDX by Motorola
Verizon Wireless

United States
209. Aug 23, 2010 9:30 AM in response to: rajones19
Re: Droid X Forum Petition to remove Moto Blur and Pre-Installed Apps
rajones19 wrote:

Signed.

Just curious, as a new DX owner - Is there any indication that anyone from Motorola visits or monitors these forums, or gives a rat's butt about any of this?

But of course. A single rat's butt is totally insufficient to cover it!

Seriously, we are following this with interest and keeping internal teams informed about this and other issues, opinions and attitudes of our forum members.

jamesc

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
So Moto follows this and "keeps the internal teams informed" but if a tree falls in the woods and no one is around does it make a sound?

Bushido Brown

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I just ignore the parts I don't care for. I have yet to use a single widget, or Moto's launcher. Launcher Pro was literally the first thing I installed. Moto's biggest f' up IMO was the sodomization of the contact list and dialer. This was a complete and utter failure, and its a shame they ripped the ability of the Official Facebook app to coincide with your contacts in favor for their own, highly flawed, super battery sucking solution.

I could have done without the cartoony icons that would seem to fit in perfect with a "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" theme, but that is purely aesthetic. The camera software isn't half bad. It left out the plethora of options from the stock Froyo build, but offered some rather user friendly settings, and it snaps pictures MUCH faster. The cursor feature for text fields, and the iPhone'esque text selection method is very appreciated as well. It also included a clipboard app that allows you to store items you've saved to it for quick and easy access. I even liked what they did with the gallery and its editing options.

Basically, if Moto could have just left the launcher and the dialer/contact list alone. There would be very little to gripe about. They should have offered those features as apk's installed alongside the OS, not in place of.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000