droidx or wait
Hello I. Am due for a upgrade and am debating should I upgrade to a droid x or wait for fascinate or just wait past tht. I currently have iphone 4(I like it haha) palm pre(webos is amazing) and a droid (hate the keryboard love android and my overclock) so I am not in dire need of a new phone and can wait mabye evn droid pro. Any thoughts
- 08-11-2010, 08:35 PM #2
- 08-11-2010, 08:42 PM #3
- 08-11-2010, 08:55 PM #4
- 3 Posts
If you have a few months to wait, I'd go Droid Pro (1.3ghz dual core processor, presumably, 4" screen). It will be the fastest out in the market, and will be based on ARM's Cortex-A9 chip. Its slated for release in November.
- 08-11-2010, 10:03 PM #5
its funny, every forum Ive ever gone on, there is always a thread, should I buy X phone (no pun intended!) or wait. Every time a new phone comes out...you can wait for the "next" phone. There will always be...the next phone. Once the driod pro comes out...the lte phones...then it will be another one. At some point you need to buy a phone you like and enjoy it. In a year, you can upgrade to the newer phones. If you wait till Nov, next May will roll around and youll wish you could have that new phone but cant bc youre not up for an upgrade yet. So I say either get a phone now, or if that phone in Nov really has things you really really want, wait four months and then get it, but dont spend your time waiting or youll never enjoy anything!
- 08-11-2010, 10:07 PM #6
- 08-11-2010, 10:36 PM #7
I say wait, I have had the X since launch and it is very buggy as well as laggy especially in the unlock screen. I have also noticed a few apps that I downloaded didnt play nice with the X probably because of the X's moto blur which is NO GOOD. So no good that in fact Motorola has just recently announced they will no longer be using it or trying to do anything with it for that matter... This is just my opinion but I say wait...
- 08-11-2010, 10:41 PM #8
- 08-11-2010, 11:04 PM #10
I really want to see the fascinate but do we know any type of time frame? I planned on getting the X until I read about it. The Pro looks nice but does it not have a keyboard. Only reason I want to lose the D1 is for a slimmer, lighter phone with no keyboard.
- 08-11-2010, 11:14 PM #11
I say get an X now because it's an awesome device and then in a year something better will be out, like an LTE Droid.