Terrible 3g coverage

miamifin33

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Im pretty sure this is a known issue but this is ridiculous now. No matter where i go i have either extremely poor or no 3g service at all. What in gods name is wrong with this phone. Add that to my battery only lasting 6 hours a day with NO use. Should i take it back? I updated the cell towers by the way.

rblake84

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Well I am on number 4 and 3g has sucked on all of them. All have signal fluctuation. Also I have had one with unresponsive screen, locking up and restarting on its own. This phone is just very buggy.

Toxa

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
From my experience incredible was much worse. It dropped calls where i usually had full bars, it's a known issue.

heathro1281

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
You are one out of few with such bad luck dude, sorry but droid must hate you. Good luck (I am a happy blackberry convert just from droid x btw)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Strange indeed. You did *228 option 1 and 2 right? Explain it to verizon, I bet they will work with you for a different phone.

doctorlove316

Retired Moderator
Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I will go to verizon and get a new one. No reason my phone should be this buggy.

I would try that out since it sounds like you're having some of the known problems that call for the need for a replacement. Plus, you're still within your 30 day window so you SHOULD get a brand new device instead of a refurb (if they're even doing refurbs yet).

bworley50

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Yes return it. Had a BB Storm 1 and Tour. Both had excellent cell service. Incredible was so so. X is every bit as good as BB. No problems with X.

kajii

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I would try that out since it sounds like you're having some of the known problems that call for the need for a replacement. Plus, you're still within your 30 day window so you SHOULD get a brand new device instead of a refurb (if they're even doing refurbs yet).
Unfortunately they are, so OP, make sure they send you one in original packaging.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

gafly

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I have a Storm 1 and a DX sitting side by side right now on my desk. The Storm 1 shows 1XEV (3G) with NO BARS... very weak signal... and the DX shows 3G (1XEV) with 2 bars. It has been my experience that the DX has just as good, and in most cases better, service than the BlackBerry.

miamifin33

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
your crazy this thing pisses all over my BB's.

How are you able to tell me which phone gave me better voice and data coverage? My BB was solid as a rock as far as coverage was concerned. If this droid didn't have wifi id barely ever be able to go online or receive emails. I've also been dropping calls lately.

rjdangerous

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
How are you able to tell me which phone gave me better voice and data coverage? My BB was solid as a rock as far as coverage was concerned. If this droid didn't have wifi id barely ever be able to go online or receive emails. I've also been dropping calls lately.

Mine has been perfect, not one dropped call, 3g speed has been around 3.5mbps smokin fast

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca