Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Terrible 3g coverage

Im pretty sure this is a known issue but this is ridiculous now. No matter where i go i have either extremely poor or no 3g service at all. What in gods name is wrong with this phone. Add that to my battery only lasting 6 hours a day with NO use. Should i take it back? I updated the cell towers by the way.
    Storm 1 ----> Droid X

Global Posts
    262 Global Posts

How do you update the cell towers?

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts

Well I am on number 4 and 3g has sucked on all of them. All have signal fluctuation. Also I have had one with unresponsive screen, locking up and restarting on its own. This phone is just very buggy.

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts

*228 but it won't help
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,258 Global Posts

All I can add is that my 3G signal is great. I've only seen it go down to 1X once or twice.
    BlackBerry 8330 --> BlackBerry Storm1 --> Motorola Droid --> HTC Droid Incredible & Motorola Droid X & Motorola Xoom
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Maybe i will give the incredible a try. My blackberry was so much better than this phone.
    Storm 1 ----> Droid X

Global Posts
    262 Global Posts

From my experience incredible was much worse. It dropped calls where i usually had full bars, it's a known issue.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

My screen has also just recently began to lock up. Phone is also laggy.
    Storm 1 ----> Droid X

Default Re: Terrible 3g coverage

You are one out of few with such bad luck dude, sorry but droid must hate you. Good luck (I am a happy blackberry convert just from droid x btw)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

I will go to verizon and get a new one. No reason my phone should be this buggy.
    Storm 1 ----> Droid X

Global Posts
    1,371 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock unrooted

Strange indeed. You did *228 option 1 and 2 right? Explain it to verizon, I bet they will work with you for a different phone.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,258 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by miamifin33 View Post
    I will go to verizon and get a new one. No reason my phone should be this buggy.
    I would try that out since it sounds like you're having some of the known problems that call for the need for a replacement. Plus, you're still within your 30 day window so you SHOULD get a brand new device instead of a refurb (if they're even doing refurbs yet).
    BlackBerry 8330 --> BlackBerry Storm1 --> Motorola Droid --> HTC Droid Incredible & Motorola Droid X & Motorola Xoom

Global Posts
    924 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock ATM

Yes return it. Had a BB Storm 1 and Tour. Both had excellent cell service. Incredible was so so. X is every bit as good as BB. No problems with X.

Global Posts
    407 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP, Stock

Default Re: Terrible 3g coverage

Quote Originally Posted by avlfive View Post
    I would try that out since it sounds like you're having some of the known problems that call for the need for a replacement. Plus, you're still within your 30 day window so you SHOULD get a brand new device instead of a refurb (if they're even doing refurbs yet).
    Unfortunately they are, so OP, make sure they send you one in original packaging.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Yeah LOTS of bugs with the X, the continued lag and freeze ups is extremely frustrating...

Global Posts
    828 Global Posts

I have a Storm 1 and a DX sitting side by side right now on my desk. The Storm 1 shows 1XEV (3G) with NO BARS... very weak signal... and the DX shows 3G (1XEV) with 2 bars. It has been my experience that the DX has just as good, and in most cases better, service than the BlackBerry.
    Galaxy Note II - Rooted - Black Status Bar w/WiFi Toggle

My blackberry was so much better than this phone.
    your crazy this thing pisses all over my BB's.

Yes it does when it works mine has began to hang up, I've even had the loss of data for minutes at a time..
    Follow Ya Boy @BiGTo0T
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

Quote Originally Posted by rjdangerous View Post
    your crazy this thing pisses all over my BB's.
    How are you able to tell me which phone gave me better voice and data coverage? My BB was solid as a rock as far as coverage was concerned. If this droid didn't have wifi id barely ever be able to go online or receive emails. I've also been dropping calls lately.
    Storm 1 ----> Droid X

How are you able to tell me which phone gave me better voice and data coverage? My BB was solid as a rock as far as coverage was concerned. If this droid didn't have wifi id barely ever be able to go online or receive emails. I've also been dropping calls lately.
    Mine has been perfect, not one dropped call, 3g speed has been around 3.5mbps smokin fast

Quote Originally Posted by rjdangerous View Post
    Mine has been perfect, not one dropped call, 3g speed has been around 3.5mbps smokin fast
    Me too, 3.3 down/ 1 up. No drops, I am every bit happy with mine versus my BB.

Have you tried a Factory Reset? I was having problem with my GPS so I did a factory reset and since then the GPS works great, battery life is better, and it seems to have better coverage.
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,512 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

omg my service is bad. I travel the USA every day and my service is so good. I mean if my X was so bad I would not been able to download 6.2gb of data last month. I can't believe I used that much data. My storm, droid, or dinc never got that close.
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

Quote Originally Posted by Kansas View Post
    Have you tried a Factory Reset? I was having problem with my GPS so I did a factory reset and since then the GPS works great, battery life is better, and it seems to have better coverage.
    I read somewhere that a factory reset could hurt this phone (I believe I read it here). Is this true? Because I'm strongly considering this. (I'd love to wipe out all the twitter and facebook crap in my contacts list too, so this would be a way to do it)
    Storm 1 ----> Droid X

Quote Originally Posted by Bond32 View Post
    Strange indeed. You did *228 option 1 and 2 right? Explain it to verizon, I bet they will work with you for a different phone.
    What does this do? I'm experiencing 3g issues
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast