1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Dropped my Droid X Today...

As i was stepping out of the car, i had my phone in my hand, and a drink in my other hand... i heard a drop on the concrete garage floor... It was my Droid X!!!

I feared for my life, since my phone was completely naked, no case, no screen cover, nothing. So then i pick up the phone, and examine it while in shock because i just dropped my baby.

Luckily, only one little very tiny scratch on the very edge on the back, under the verizon logo, barely noticeable.

Has anyone else ever dropped their Droid X yet?

Yea I dropped mine a few weeks ago. I have the case holster combo from vzw and of course it proved completely useless bc it landed right on the corner that the case doesn't cover.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by FalconXtreme View Post
    Yea I dropped mine a few weeks ago. I have the case holster combo from vzw and of course it proved completely useless bc it landed right on the corner that the case doesn't cover.
    hahahahaha, what are the odds... were there any scratches or dents?
    vor

Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    ROM
    Bigxie

I dropped mine the first week also getting out of the car I was slipping it into my pocket but somehow missed and it fumbled down my leg till it reached my foot, which of course was moving forward and kicked it a few feet across the driveway. I had the Verizon Leather kickstand case on though luckily and there was not a scratch. I was pretty pleased since I had not received the screen protector yet.
    LR7

Global Posts
    266 Global Posts

I dropped mine a couple times in the first couple weeks I had it so I decided to get a case and a screen protector. I have the leather case from Verizon and it works really well.

I dropped mine from standing height in a bar with beer puddle landmines everywhere and it exploded into 3 pieces (battery back, battery, and remainder). Literally not one tiny eensy-weensy scratch on it. My phone is invincible.

Global Posts
    579 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock ICS!

It's a phone people... Who gives a ****. Just sayin'....

Quote Originally Posted by Dostovel View Post
    It's a phone people... Who gives a ****. Just sayin'....
    Tru it is a phone but why would you wanna damage something you paid for?
    Follow Ya Boy @BiGTo0T
    vor

Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    ROM
    Bigxie

just $600 "phone" lol

Global Posts
    579 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock ICS!

Quote Originally Posted by BiGTooT View Post
    Tru it is a phone but why would you wanna damage something you paid for?
    Well who "wants" too?! Besides, I paid for my BB Tour and I want to damage the hell out of it...

Global Posts
    229 Global Posts

Well who "wants" too?! Besides, I paid for my BB Tour and I want to damage the hell out of it...
    QFT

I dropped mine but luckily my floor has carpeting so no damage...(yet).....
    Storm 1 --> EnV2 -->Curve 8330-->Tour-->Storm2 --> FINALLY, a DROID X!

(Knocking on Wood) I haven't dropped mine yet... I cant wait for OtterBox to release a case for the X..

Pretty easy to say when you have another phone to replace it.

And who "wants" to??

"""Besides, I paid for my BB Tour and I want to damage the hell out of it"""

Apparently you do

Quote Originally Posted by Jonross View Post
    hahahahaha, what are the odds... were there any scratches or dents?
    It dented the bottom right corner it landed on. the screen wasn't scratched so I can't be too sad

I hear you, the same day I took off my case to see how things went I was getting out of trck and trying to grab phone out of pocket to leave inside and as im grabbing it out it fell.. naked onto the rocky parking lot. 3 dents to back door and scratches on bottom and back. Next move was to call vzw and add the insurance. lol

only good thing now is I don't care anymore and just toss it around, guilt free. I'll give it a month or so and get my replacement.
    Droiderator

ROM
    Bugless Nexus

Default Re: Dropped my Droid X Today...

Just dropped mine first time since launch reading this ... no not really but id be sad if i did. Hope i never do an hope if you drop/dropped yours its ok.

Sent from my Rooted DROIDX using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    562 Global Posts

so I pull into my parking spot at work and get out of my car...which is a jeep commander...so it's kind of a long way to the ground...anyway, my x, yep on my lap. Horrible. Falls off my lap and I watch as it slowly drops, screen down, onto the concrete curb, then bouncing off that onto the blacktop. I was horrified. I had just finish a call and forgot I just put it down in my lap.

The screen protector had a few scratches on it...thank god it was a 3 pack, and there are 3 very small scratches on the right side. Honestly, could have been a lot worse...

Quote Originally Posted by LR_Se7eN View Post
    I dropped mine a couple times in the first couple weeks I had it so I decided to get a case and a screen protector. I have the leather case from Verizon and it works really well.
    Is that the case with a kickstand in the back? How do you like it? And how's the feel? I haven't dropped my X yet thanks to the amazing soft touch back, and I'm a little worried that a case would make the phone more slippery (as well as more protected).

I dropped mine on cement twice, the one time it kinda hit the ground and rolled a few feet... it was all scratched up across the bottom but after a day or two the soft plastic really blended well and you only notice it if you run your fingers across it or look real closely.

Global Posts
    6,673 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

Coolio , smash it with a sledge hammer and post a pic of the results here then , .....

Quote Originally Posted by FalconXtreme View Post
    Law of the universe!! Sucks, hope your X is okay.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernSaltine View Post
    (Knocking on Wood) I haven't dropped mine yet... I cant wait for OtterBox to release a case for the X..
    I handled my X so gingerly until my silicon casing arrived. I love it because it covers every thing including the buttons!