Happy 1-month Anniversary!

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
1-month ago today, I was sitting outside my local Verizon store with 40+ other people waiting for the gates to the Droid X to open. I was first in line at 5AM local time.

The weeks leading up to that date, I was hitting the refresh button on the front page of Android Central & this very forum. I even ended up at a 4 different Walmart stores :eek: the night before the release after hearing they were selling them early - with no luck.

Waiting for this phone to come out had totally consumed my life!

1-month later I'm happy as a clam, and that's saying a lot for someone who buys every single phone that comes out and will even switch carriers to do so. This phone is the phone that will tie me over until something really revolutionary comes out - preferably with the same screen size and slim form factor.

Have a great weekend!

Last edited:

willymakit

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Has it been a Month already...........It feels like yesterday. I was the same as yourself but find myself very happy with this phone,my wife says"Yea for today".LOL

CavemanOOGA

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I've only been rocking the X for about a week and a half, and its vastly exceeded my expectations.

Unfortunately, I did have to get a replacement. I was "lucky" enough to get one of the units from the first batch that suffered from the flickering screen issue.

Even with all that though, no other phone compares. I love everything about it. ESPECIALLY, the MotoBlur widgets. I honestly don't understand everyones problem with MotoBlur.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

mig991

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Still loving it as well. I have had zero problems even though I expected to getting it on release day. Does everything I have asked of it and more.

Can't wait for 2.2, it will be like getting a whole new phone!

mr.saving

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
I've only been rocking the X for about a week and a half, and its vastly exceeded my expectations.

Unfortunately, I did have to get a replacement. I was "lucky" enough to get one of the units from the first batch that suffered from the flickering screen issue.

Even with all that though, no other phone compares. I love everything about it. ESPECIALLY, the MotoBlur widgets. I honestly don't understand everyones problem with MotoBlur.

Droid X doesn't have true "MOTOblur"...play with a Devour and then you'll see why people don't like it

jcarlosfox

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
Been a month, and as a former iPhone user and Blackberry user, this is the best smartphone I've ever used. I had an iPhone 3g a year or so ago. Liked it - except it was useless as a phone. Went back to Verizon and used a Curve then a Tour.

I read an article that says the iPhone might actually get to Verizon next year. That Apple was busy buying CDMA radios. The article said "too late - Android is taking over". Then yesterday a friend asked me to jailbreak his iPhone, and I messed around with it for a while.

Droid X rules. I would not go back to an iphone. Too small, not enough speed. It really is just too late for the iPhone. Although I would have bought one in a heartbeat 31 days ago if Verizon had one that actually worked as a phone.

Now, with a rooted DX, and Froyo on the horizon. I just won't say NO to a Verizon iPhone. I'd say "hell-no".

Last edited:

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site

I agree. I like the moto widgets too. I even like the Blur UI, but I wish it was smoother. Hence why I use LauncherPro because it just moves through screens so smooth.

sweetsmuckers

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I love my DX! Although I have to return it for a NIB replacement (meaning I have to wait...again...lol), I am still glad I discovered this amazing phone with an amazing OS.

mflynn

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Yep, its a month so no going back, I'm now officially locked into my one year contract. No regrets, I love the DX, and VZW has great service and coverage.

johntkong

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
1-month ago today, I was sitting outside my local Verizon store with 40+ other people waiting for the gates to the Droid X to open. I was first in line at 5AM local time.

The weeks leading up to that date, I was hitting the refresh button on the front page of Android Central & this very forum. I even ended up at a 4 different Walmart stores :eek: the night before the release after hearing they were selling them early - with no luck.

Waiting for this phone to come out had totally consumed my life!

1-month later I'm happy as a clam, and that's saying a lot for someone who buys every single phone that comes out and will even switch carriers to do so. This phone is the phone that will tie me over until something really revolutionary comes out - preferably with the same screen size and slim form factor.

Have a great weekend!

It's good to know you have the same "sickness" as i.

Happy 1 month everyone!!

katrina2475

Apr 12, 2010
ksanchez.scentsy.us
I am going on my 2nd replacement and I still absolutely adore this phone. It ranks right up there with my husband and kids. I honestly believe that I had bum luck with the phones i've had so far. The first one had the locking up and camera issues that many have had. This one has some electrical issues. Verizon is now sending me a new in box retail package so I am hopeful all will be well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol