Droid X 1% battery driver???????

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
By chance do anyone know if there is a way to get the battery meter to read 1% levels instead of the 10% default levels, I always hated my Windows devices thatdid this but it was rather easy to overide a few files and be able to correct this quark. Is there anyway in android because the 10% driver has a tendacy to drop 10% in less than 5 or 10 minutes after taking of charger because it does not show single digits but this makes the meters unrealiable.
If anyone can enlighten me, it'd be greatly appreciated

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Sadly I've been looking around on this one too. No updates from Motorola on it and no one has been able to get true 1% intervals working, so pretty sure we're all SOL.

mikesmith

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Battery Left app does it in 1% increments.

The only thing is the app needs to be calibrated, which means you have to run your battery dead or as close as you can to dead in order for the app to be accurate.

RayStinkle

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Just use battery life widget and put it on your main home screen. It just pulls single percentage right from the android system, and it also shows battery voltage which I find is a better number to monitor your battery charge.

doctorlove316

Retired Moderator
Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Just use battery life widget and put it on your main home screen. It just pulls single percentage right from the android system, and it also shows battery voltage which I find is a better number to monitor your battery charge.

I'm using BatteryLife from CurveFish and mine only shows 10% increments.

quetzalcoatl

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm using BatteryLife from CurveFish and mine only shows 10% increments.

Yep it is a common misconception since it does it on other phones it will work in 1% increments on the X. It only reports on the info it is given and the X only gives out info in 10% blocks.

Iceman0803

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Battery Left app does it in 1% increments.

The only thing is the app needs to be calibrated, which means you have to run your battery dead or as close as you can to dead in order for the app to be accurate.

While it is true that Battery Life does display 1% increments it's still only an estimation based on your usage during the calibration period. For example I've run into instances where, when I don't use my phone much, the system will say I have 80% left but Battery Life reports 68%. This is because the widget works based on the time since unplugged and not any sort of readings from the battery itself. During calibration (for me) I was using my phone quite a bit the first few hours after unplugging it so no matter what after about 3 hours of use BL always reports 68% remaining even though the system reports 80% or better. I hope this helps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay